This is an exciting opportunity to work for one of the top law firms in the U.S.! Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is looking for a Pricing Analyst to join our team in either Seattle, Portland, Los Angeles, or San Francisco office.
This position is responsible for providing the data and analysis used for purposes of non-standard pricing agreements, rate negotiations, as well as for general business intelligence inquiries. This position also provides monthly profitability reporting and consultation to Practice Group Chairs.
At Davis Wright Tremaine, you will find challenging assignments, opportunities for professional growth and community involvement, and a culture of inclusion. DWT fosters inclusiveness and authenticity. Regardless of position, everyone here has a voice and the support is unparalleled.
On a typical day you will:
- Responsible for developing strategies and best practices for mining the firm’s database of billing information for insights into pricing and scoping for future matters
- Work with attorneys to clearly define legal matter assumptions (key tasks, motions, document review, etc.) and monitor, document, and develop pricing for scope changes throughout the life of matters
- Create process workflows for various types of legal matters as well as templates for future engagements
- Support the creation, evaluation, and execution of client fee arrangements with the objective of driving improvement in the firm’s pricing outcomes
- Interact with groups across the firm and work directly with senior management, lawyers, accounting, marketing and others to develop and implement best practices in pricing and budgeting
- Create and generate project management statistics and KPI reports for management and practice groups on a regular basis, including statistics relating to time entry task coding, budgeting and budget tracking
- Assist in the development, preparation and production of complex reporting required by clients and attorneys, including on individual maters or portfolios of client work
- Collaborate with client matter supervising attorneys in the development of matter budgets based on historical data and tracking of budget vs. actual metrics through the lifecycle of the budgeted matter(s)
- Serve as a subject matter expert for client and matter profitability data including modeling, monitoring, and communicating with attorneys about their practice profitability.
Join us if you have:
- 2+ years of progressively responsible work experience in a professional services organization
- 2+ years of experience with accounting software systems preferred
- BA/BS in accounting, finance, economics or related field required; MBA preferred
- Demonstrated ability to use MS Office products, required; ability to perform advanced spreadsheet functions in Excel
- Demonstrated ability to understand and interpret financial/performance data, and ability to communicate said data in lay terms
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with all levels of a professional services organization, including interpersonal skills
- Strong sense of urgency/prioritization and ability to recognize when to seek guidance
- Demonstrated history of taking initiative and being a self-starter
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills with a high attention to detail and ability to work under deadlines
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Previous experience in a law-firm or professional services organization, supporting a multi-office environment, preferred
- Prior experience with law firm technology including Aderant, InTapp, Tableau
- Project management and/or process improvement experience in a professional services firm a plus
Who We Are
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is an AmLaw 100 law firm with 11 offices nationwide. We are relentlessly committed to client service and look for candidates who share that commitment. At DWT, client service means having empathy for each client’s and each lawyer’s work and personal pressures, business objectives, and legal needs; anticipating their needs; and having the capabilities and commitment to deliver what matters most to them.
What’s in it For You?
DWT offers competitive compensation in addition to ample benefits including but not limited to:
- Choice of health and vision insurance plans
- 2 paid volunteer days for qualifying community service work
- Dental plan
- Fertility and adoption benefit
- Paid sabbatical after 13 years of service
- Tuition reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
- Retirement contribution
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.
The annualized salary range for this position in Washington is $82,000 to $99,000. Actual pay will be adjusted based on the candidate’s education, training, experience and other job-related factors permitted by law. Full time employees may be eligible for a bonus, health insurance with an optional HSA, long term disability, dental insurance, vision care, telemedicine and virtual short term solution based counseling services, life insurance, Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts, subsidized backup care and caregiving resources, 401(k), vacation, sick time, 11 paid holidays each year and an employee assistance program. For full-time employees, the initial vacation benefit is 15 days per year and 11 days of sick leave per year, accrued bi-weekly. Additional voluntary programs include: voluntary accident insurance, voluntary life, voluntary disability, voluntary long term care, and pet insurance. Commuter and Transit programs are also available.
The annualized salary range for this position in Los Angeles is $70,000 to $96,000; and in San Francisco is $94,000 to $104,000. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience and other job-related factors permitted by law. Full time employees may be eligible for a bonus, health insurance with an optional HSA, long term disability, dental insurance, vision care, telemedicine and virtual short term solution based counseling services, life insurance, Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts, subsidized backup care and caregiving resources, 401(k), vacation, sick time, and an employee assistance program. Additional voluntary programs include: voluntary accident insurance, voluntary life, voluntary disability, voluntary long term care, and pet insurance. Commuter and Transit programs are also available.
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP embraces diversity, equity and inclusion. It brings out the best of what each individual has to offer and inspires us to build strong and lasting connections with each other, our clients, and our communities.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are part of the fabric of Davis Wright Tremaine-central to who we are and what we do. Our vision is to foster a culture where all talented individuals-including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the legal profession-can have, and can see, a path to success. In order to support this vision, we request that you voluntarily provide the following demographic data. All self-reported demographic information is stored securely in a manner that is compliant with DWT’s privacy and security policies and is only accessible by authorized members of the Talent Acquisition and HR Departments; it is not shared with any of the hiring decision-makers.
Davis Wright Tremaine provides reasonable accommodations for those who need them to complete the application or recruiting process and for employees who need reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their positions due to a disability or for religious reasons. If you need to request accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please email CarrieMcIntyre@dwt.com.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: oYW1mfw1