Practice Support Analyst
Practice Support Analyst
This is an exciting opportunity to work for one of the top law firms in the U.S. Davis Wright Tremaine has been named "Innovative Law Firm of the Year" for the past two years by members of the International Legal Technology Association (ILTA).
We are looking for a technical analyst to join our team in New York City. This position is responsible for a wide range of litigation practice support activities including the creation and maintenance of databases; communication with myriad individuals regarding data identification, data collection, data reduction, document production and trial support; loading data into databases, assisting document review teams, exporting data for production and adhering to quality control requirements.
- Partner with teammates and other coworkers to identify and resolve issues and problems, and make improvements.
- Keep your professional skills current by taking relevant training, continuing education courses, and conferences. Apply and share these skills back on the job to the betterment of the department and firm.
- Be a critical thinker; think things through before asking someone else and use the resources available to you to find information and seek answers.
- Maintain high quality standards within the team by supporting good practices and habits. Identify and encourage areas for growth and improvement within the team.
- Assess opportunities for application and process improvement and prepare documentation of rationale to share with team members, leadership, and other affected parties.
- Build, configure, and maintain databases; setup and configure user accounts; load data; manipulate load files; create and conduct searches in databases; assist with setting up and monitoring document reviews; export and prepare documents for production, adhere to Quality Control procedures for all work performed.
- Troubleshoot application and databases issues as needed.
- Collaborate with case teams to provide assistance as needed with all aspects of data management.
- Communicate with vendors regarding data collection, data processing and reduction, technical specifications, imaging, data hosting and cost estimates. QC vendor deliverables for accuracy and compliance with specifications and instructions.
- Assist with tracking information pertinent to a case (e.g., media, data collection, and document productions).
- Provide estimates and schedules on assignments and prepare regular status reports.
- Participate in initiatives designed to increase the awareness of the team and its services to practice groups and all North American offices.
- Assist with the creation and maintenance of, and adhere to, best practice documentation including quality control procedures.
- Assist with special projects, tasks, and/or support as assigned (e.g., social media collections and/or audio/visual captures).
- Provide off-hours support, as necessary.
- Stay current on litigation support tools, technologies, and available vendor resources in the NYC/WDC markets.
- Provide regular status updates to Practice Support leads regarding task related activities, issues and concerns that may require further attention, as well as day to day availability.
- Travel as necessary.
- 3+ years' experience as a paralegal or in a litigation support role, directly assisting others in the use of litigation technology and finding solutions for complex, multiple party actions, required.
- Experience working in legal teams in the US Northeast region a plus.
- BA or BS degree required.
- Working knowledge of a wide range of litigation support software applications including document databases, hosted review tools, transcript management tools, trial presentation applications, e-discovery processing, document imaging and OCR, with a focus on Relativity and Trial Director.
- Strong knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office Suite; Proficiency in the use of Access and Excel required.
- Strong knowledge of Social Media content (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Webmail - Gmail, Outlook, Yahoo, AOL, Thunderbird, LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram).
- Attention to detail and quality control required.
- Demonstrated ability to be methodical, organized, and detail-oriented. Must have the ability to multi-task and adjust to shifting priorities. Must work well under tight deadlines and in stressful situations, completing tasks accurately, quickly and efficiently.
- Must be a team player and have ability to work independently, with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies quickly and independently required.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with all levels of a professional services organization, including interpersonal skills, are required. Ability to cultivate customer, vendor, and coworker relationships is essential.
- Strong customer service, analysis, troubleshooting, problem solving, and follow-up skills are required; ability to troubleshoot problems over the telephone as well as in person.
- Ability to handle stressful situations in a calm, composed manner required.