Practice Management Specialist - TCPS
This is an exciting opportunity to work for one of the top law firms in the U.S.! Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is looking for a Practice Management Specialist - TCPS to join our team in our Washington D.C. office.
As a member of the practice management team, this position will support the practice manager, and the Technology, Communications, Privacy & Security practice group on initiatives that enhance business and strategic operations. The ideal candidate is curious, enthusiastic, kind, reliable, authentic, entrepreneurial, humble, innovative and supportive. They should have a work ethic that is suited for both service and team and has the adaptability and willingness to work together with different personalities in order to move practice group initiatives forward in an efficient way. They will have the drive to figure things out and get it done.
At Davis Wright Tremaine, you will find challenging assignments, opportunities for professional growth and community involvement, and a culture of inclusion. DWT fosters inclusiveness and authenticity. Regardless of position, everyone here has a voice and the support is unparalleled.
On a typical day you will:
- Provide support to practice managers on preparation of communications related to winning new work that will enhance the groups’ profile and reputation
- Lead the collection, storage, maintenance and distribution of lawyers’ experience. Work with the practice managers to develop an effective system for each practice group that minimizes the administrative burden on lawyers
- Conduct research in support of new business opportunities as identified by attorneys or practice managers
- Coordinate the negotiation and management of sponsorships including payment, marketing and attendance at sponsorship events
- Coordinate seminars, webinars and events for assigned practice groups. Support the practice managers on major events and liaison to the event planning team
- Attend practice group meetings, assist with financial report development, and provide marketing support and general practice group operational support
- Work with the marketing and communications team to create, update and organize marketing collateral and related records as well as practice group’s blogs and social media platforms as necessary
- Track and monitor practice group budgets under the direction of the practice manager. Process budget requests
- Assist with additional projects as necessary
- Travel to other offices required
Join us if you have:
- 2+ years of law firm or professional services marketing is desired, or equivalent internship and education
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, including the ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships across all firm functions as well as with clients and other business contacts
- Demonstrated writing ability and excellent grammar, spelling and proofreading skills are required
- Ability to handle stressful situations in a calm and composed manner
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office Products required, i.e. Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel; CRM technology a plus
- Demonstrated strong attention to detail, ability to take ownership of projects, and ability to prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to work independently while also acting as part of a high-functioning team
- College degree and demonstrated academic excellence is strongly preferred
Who We Are
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is an AmLaw 100 law firm with 10 offices nationwide. We are relentlessly committed to client service and look for candidates who share that commitment. At DWT, client service means having empathy for each client’s and each lawyer’s work and personal pressures, business objectives, and legal needs; anticipating their needs; and having the capabilities and commitment to deliver what matters most to them.
What’s in it For You?
DWT offers competitive compensation in addition to ample benefits including but not limited to:
- Choice of health and vision insurance plans
- 2 paid volunteer days for qualifying community service work
- Dental plan
- Fertility and adoption benefit
- Paid sabbatical after 13 years of service
- Tuition reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
- Retirement contribution
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) are part of the fabric of Davis Wright Tremaine-central to who we are and what we do. Our vision is to foster a culture where all talented individuals-including those from traditionally underrepresented populations-can have, and can see, a path to success. We are committed to fostering DEI because it makes our firm better, in every way. At DWT, every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy to hire, promote, transfer, terminate, and make all employment-related decisions without regard to an employee’s sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), race, color, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, religious creed, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, military condition, military or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal laws.
Davis Wright Tremaine provides reasonable accommodations for those who need them to complete the application or recruiting process and for employees who need reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their positions due to a disability or for religious reasons. If you need to request accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.