This is an exciting opportunity to work for one of the top law firms in the U.S.! Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is looking for a Patent Specialist to join our team. This position can be fully remote while working within reasonable commuting distance to our Seattle, Portland, Los Angeles, or San Francisco office.
This position provides assistance with patent related work on a task basis, and is part of a team that provides administrative support to the patent group. We value entrepreneurial self-starters who bring innovative solutions to the table. If you are detail-oriented and possess strong administrative, organizational, and interpersonal skills, we want to talk to you.
At Davis Wright Tremaine, you will find challenging assignments, opportunities for professional growth and community involvement, and a culture of inclusion. DWT fosters inclusiveness and authenticity. Regardless of position, everyone here has a voice and the support is unparalleled.
On a typical day you will:
- Prepare legal documents for filing with the USPTO, including: Declarations, Assignments, Powers of Attorney, Responses to Missing Parts, Amendments, ADSs, Requests for Correction of Filing Receipt, and Certificates of Correction
- Proofread Official Filing Receipts, Notices of Publication, Issue Notifications, and Letters Patent to verify accuracy of information
- Assist with file intakes and other projects as needed
- Manage reporting emails to send to the client
- Accurately and completely record billable time spent and tasks performed in accordance with firm policy and client-imposed billing protocol, enter and release time promptly in compliance with firm's announced deadlines
- Assist with routine correspondence and client reporting letters
- Assist with correspondence, billing, and other administrative activities related to Annuity program
- Assist attorneys, paralegals, and other administrative staff with assigned tasks, which may include: processing invoices and expenses, opening matters, scheduling meetings, mailing letters and packages, mailing client invoices, organizing files, time entry, and other projects as assigned
Join us if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred or combination of work experience and education equivalent
- At least one year of prior USPTO eFiling experience is preferred
- Self-starter with a high degree of attention to detail
- Ability and willingness to learn new programs and program updates
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, service focused environment and to handle stressful situations in a calm, composed manner
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to complete projects with minimal supervision
- Ability to accurately type 50+ wpm
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Ability to express self effectively, both orally and in writing
- Excellent grammar and proofreading skills
- A highly professional demeanor and appearance
- Ability to follow client confidentiality guidelines
- At least one year experience in a professional office preferred
Who We Are
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is an AmLaw 100 law firm with 10 offices nationwide. We are relentlessly committed to client service and look for candidates who share that commitment. At DWT, client service means having empathy for each client’s and each lawyer’s work and personal pressures, business objectives, and legal needs; anticipating their needs; and having the capabilities and commitment to deliver what matters most to them.
What’s in it For You?
DWT offers competitive compensation in addition to ample benefits including but not limited to:
- Choice of health and vision insurance plans
- 2 paid volunteer days for qualifying community service work
- Dental plan
- Fertility and adoption benefit
- Paid sabbatical after 13 years of service
- Tuition reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
- Retirement contribution
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) are part of the fabric of Davis Wright Tremaine-central to who we are and what we do. Our vision is to foster a culture where all talented individuals-including those from traditionally underrepresented populations-can have, and can see, a path to success. We are committed to fostering DEI because it makes our firm better, in every way. At DWT, every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy to hire, promote, transfer, terminate, and make all employment-related decisions without regard to an employee’s sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), race, color, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, religious creed, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, military condition, military or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal laws.
Davis Wright Tremaine provides reasonable accommodations for those who need them to complete the application or recruiting process and for employees who need reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their positions due to a disability or for religious reasons. If you need to request accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please contact email@example.com.
Job Reference #: oIKVjfwq