Patent Project Assistant
This is an exciting opportunity to work for one of the top law firms in the U.S. Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is looking for a dedicated administrative professional, to join our team in Seattle. This position is responsible for maintaining files and records, tracking and processing invoices, and preparing and forwarding basic legal documents. This position requires an ability to work under the direction of a patent paralegal, as well as in a team environment with attorneys and other staff members. This position will also provide administrative support for projects and initiatives as directed by the Manager of IP Operations, and will involve some billable hours work.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with maintaining patent prosecution files.
- Track foreign associate invoices, and process for payment.
- Assist with routine correspondence and client reporting letters.
- Assist with preparation of custom status reports.
- Manage electronic records and organize group mailboxes.
- Assist with correspondence, billing, and other administrative activities related to Annuity program.
- Assist with data entry, testing and organizing templates in IPDAS as needed.
- 2+ years’ experience providing administrative support in a law firm or office environment required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years’ working experience in a related field preferred.
- Highly developed skills in time and task management.
- Highly developed attention to detail and excellence in all firm’s work product and client service.
- Post-college level writing and oral communication skills.
- Advanced proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office computerized business applications (Word, Excel, and Outlook) for the creation and editing of complex documents, spreadsheets, and electronic mail.
- Prior experience in the use of computerized databases and/or docketing databases is preferred.
- Prior experience working in evidence and case files is preferred.