Paralegal - Trademark
As a Paralegal, you will provide project management and support to attorneys who practice in the area of trademark law. This position requires an ability to work independently as well as in a team environment with attorneys and other staff members.
We value entrepreneurial self-starters who bring innovative solutions to the table. If you are a detail-oriented paralegal with a demonstrated history of exercising sound judgment and possessing strong research, organizational, and interpersonal skills while prioritizing and managing multiple assignments, we want to talk to you.
At Davis Wright Tremaine, you will find challenging assignments, opportunities for professional growth and community involvement, and a culture of inclusion. DWT fosters inclusiveness and authenticity. Regardless of position, everyone here has a voice and the support is unparalleled.
On a typical day you will:
- Handle all aspects of U.S. trademark prosecution and maintenance, including: preparing, filing and docketing trademark applications; preparing responses to PTO office actions; preparing and filing renewals and declarations of use, collecting evidence of use for prosecution, maintenance and conflict matters, drafting client correspondence, recording assignments and other documents, copyright searching and filing
- Instruct and work with foreign counsel on clearance, trademark filings, office actions, renewals and other prosecution and conflict matters
- Perform internet research projects and other special projects on an as-needed basis
- Perform and review trademark and copyright searches
- Generate and edit status reports
- Provide support to trademark practitioners in other offices as needed
- Identify and document standard operating procedures
Join us if you have:
- Five-plus years of paralegal experience is strongly preferred
- Prior experience with trademark enforcement, trademark litigation, and/or trademark prosecution is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree and completion of paralegal program of study, or clear demonstration of equivalent knowledge and skill are strongly preferred
- Highly developed skills in time and task management
- Highly developed attention to detail and excellence in all firm’s work product and client service
- Post-college level writing and oral communication skills
- Advanced proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office computerized business applications (Word, Excel, and Outlook) for the creation and editing of complex documents, spreadsheets, and electronic mail
- Proficiency in the use of computerized legal research and document retention databases for performance of fact and legal research and effective management of complex evidence and case files
- Advanced proficiency in docketing software
A Bachelor’s degree is helpful, but we are open to candidates from non-traditional backgrounds who have transferrable skills to succeed.
Who We Are
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is an AmLaw 100 law firm with eight offices nationwide. We are relentlessly committed to client service and look for candidates who share that commitment. At DWT, client service means having empathy for each client’s and each lawyer’s work and personal pressures, business objectives, and legal needs; anticipating their needs; and having the capabilities and commitment to deliver what matters most to them.
What’s in it For You?
DWT offers competitive compensation in addition to ample benefits including but not limited to:
- Choice of health and vision insurance plans
- 2 paid volunteer days for qualifying community service work
- Dental plan
- Fertility and adoption benefit
- Paid sabbatical after 13 years of service
- Tuition reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
- Retirement contribution
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to feel and reach with hands and arms and frequently required to sit, stand, walk and occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP embraces diversity, equity and inclusion. It brings out the best of what each individual has to offer and inspires us to build strong and lasting connections with each other, our clients, and our communities. We are committed to promoting a diverse workforce and inclusive environment where every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy to hire, promote, transfer, terminate, and make all employment-related decisions without regard to an employee’s sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), race, color, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, religious creed, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, military condition, military or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal laws.