Paralegal - Privacy & Security
This is an exciting opportunity to work for one of the top law firms in the U.S. Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is looking for a dedicated paralegal to join our team in either Washington D.C. or New York City. This position will support the Privacy & Security Group by streamlining development and delivery of compliance work product, monitoring legal and industry developments, gathering and analyzing data, and coordinating time-sensitive projects such as incident responses and regulatory filings.
DWT is a full service law firm with more than 500 attorneys located in offices across the United States including Seattle, Washington; Bellevue, Washington; Portland, Oregon; Anchorage, Alaska; San Francisco, California; Los Angeles, California; New York City, New York; and Washington D.C.
- Assist with monitoring developments across statutory regimes at the international, federal, state, and local level, across industries and technical disciplines.
- Apply subject matter expertise to gather and analyze facts and resources.
- Develop and manage the Privacy & Security Group’s knowledge base, develop content for blog, and assist in business product development.
- Manage time sensitive projects, such as data breaches and other incident responses; coordinate filings with regulators.
- Assist with drafting privacy policies and other legal documents.
- Accurately and completely record billable time spent and tasks performed in accordance with firm policy and client-imposed billing protocols; enter and release time promptly in compliance with the firm’s announced deadlines.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS degree; paralegal certificate is preferred.
- CIPP or IAPP certification is preferred.
- 3+ years law firm or industry experience in any of the following areas is required: privacy, security, or information governance.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook), as well as legal research and document retention databases required; advanced proficiency in Excel, including the ability to work with complex Excel formulas is preferred.
- Prior experience with eDiscovery is preferred.
- Experience with knowledge management practices and technology is preferred.
- Experience with data mapping is preferred.
- Must be highly organized and proactive, with the ability to work independently and with teams.
- Willingness to adapt to and learn new technology, software programs, and upgrades.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with clients, attorneys, staff members, and other business contacts, are required.
- Ability to communicate and handle stressful situations in a professional, calm, courteous manner.
- Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented, service environment.
- Must be detail oriented, able to prioritize multiple tasks under tight deadlines, and able to work in an efficient and organized manner.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.