Office Services Assistant, Copy Center
This is an exciting opportunity to work for one of the top law firms in the U.S.! Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is looking for an Office Services Assistant to join our team in our Los Angeles office.
This position is primarily responsible for photocopying and scanning in the Copy Center, high volume printing, and miscellaneous office projects as needed. The Office Services Assistant must be able to organize, prioritize and efficiently complete multiple tasks while meeting client’s deadlines and while producing error-free work product.
At Davis Wright Tremaine, you will find challenging assignments, opportunities for professional growth and community involvement, and a culture of inclusion. DWT fosters inclusiveness and authenticity. Regardless of position, everyone here has a voice and the support is unparalleled.
On a typical day you will:
- Photocopy, scan and organize complex legal documents within established deadlines
- Copy, bind and cut; create custom tabs and folders; electronic Bates stamping
- Navigate through network drives; burn CDs/DVDs from network drives
- Print emails and their attachments; blowbacks/batch printing
- Serve as a backup to sort, process and deliver incoming mail, courier packages and miscellaneous deliveries
- Provide backup to Concierge team for conference center support
- Daily check of printer stations & satellite workrooms for cleanliness; restock supply inventory and paper as needed
- Assist with the general appearance of the support services department (Office Services Workroom); includes organizing workflow product, and cleaning the support services area in a routine manner
- Ensure copiers are working properly, checking for quality via daily inspection; clear paper jams, call for service as needed and inform technicians of specific problems
- Deliver completed jobs to requestors, onsite or by shipping
- Provide assistance with special projects and other duties as assigned
Join us if you have:
- 2+ years’ experience in support services or a similar customer service position
- Strong customer service, including the ability to understand and respond to customer needs and requests
- Able to communicate clearly, effectively and professionally with lawyers, clients, staff, vendors, and other business contacts; both verbal and written format
- High attention to detail and excellent organization skills
- Ability to lift 50 lbs., be on feet most of the workday and use various pieces of services department equipment (hand truck, flatbed cart, library book carts) is required
- High volume printing and computer related experience from a legal environment
- Strong computer skills with a knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel is required; knowledge of all MS Office products strongly preferred
- Ability to learn a variety of routine tasks and flexibility to quickly change from one task to the next, as needed
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment, with minimal supervision
- Dress appropriately for physical work, while maintaining a professional and neat appearance
- Ability to stay organized and multi-task
- GED/High School Diploma required; advanced education preferred
- Able to read and write English proficiently
- Able to work extended hours or periodically change hours if needed
- May be required to change work shift temporarily to accommodate special coverage needs - come in early or work later when needed
Who We Are
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is an AmLaw 100 law firm with eight offices nationwide. We are relentlessly committed to client service and look for candidates who share that commitment. At DWT, client service means having empathy for each client’s and each lawyer’s work and personal pressures, business objectives, and legal needs; anticipating their needs; and having the capabilities and commitment to deliver what matters most to them.
What’s in it For You?
DWT offers competitive compensation in addition to ample benefits including but not limited to:
- Choice of health and vision insurance plans
- 2 paid volunteer days for qualifying community service work
- Dental plan
- Fertility and adoption benefit
- Paid sabbatical after 13 years of service
- Tuition reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
- Retirement contribution
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) are part of the fabric of Davis Wright Tremaine-central to who we are and what we do. Our vision is to foster a culture where all talented individuals-including those from traditionally underrepresented populations-can have, and can see, a path to success. We are committed to fostering DEI because it makes our firm better, in every way. At DWT, every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy to hire, promote, transfer, terminate, and make all employment-related decisions without regard to an employee’s sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), race, color, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, religious creed, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, military condition, military or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal laws.
Davis Wright Tremaine provides reasonable accommodations for those who need them to complete the application or recruiting process and for employees who need reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their positions due to a disability or for religious reasons. If you need to request accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please contact email@example.com.