Office Administrative Coordinator
This is an exciting opportunity to work for one of the top law firms in the U.S.! Davis Wright Tremaine is looking for an Office Administrative Coordinator to join our team in Portland.
If you have experience working in legal support and seek a pathway into law firm operations, we want to hear from you! In this role, you will develop a foundation in law firm communications, legal support management, and human resources.
This position is responsible for providing administrative support to the Portland Office Administrator, Operations Supervisor, and Legal Assistant Manager(s), including day-to-day processing of various administrative matters, typing correspondence, managing calendars and sending meeting invitations, taking meeting notes, sending reminders, keeping track of vendor documents/contracts terms, assisting with special projects/events and tasks, and additional support as assigned.
At Davis Wright Tremaine, you will find challenging assignments, opportunities for professional growth and community involvement, and a culture of inclusion and innovation.
In this role, you will:
- Act as central communication and information hub and representative of the office management team
- Attend various office administrative meetings and record notes/reminders, circulate and maintain notes/reminders as needed
- Coordinate and act as primary office contact for public transportation monthly passes
- Organize and coordinate various special vendor programs including support staff coaching and student internships
- Maintain and track office credit card charges and back-ups, reconcile charges and prepare appropriate expense reports
- Partner and coordinate with firm legal staff and attorney recruiting teams to deliver onboarding coordination including orientation schedules, office setups and events for new staff and attorney hires, including Summer Associates
- Serve as liaison and secondary point of contact for building management and office vendors; submit vendor invoices for payment
- Coordinate with Operations Supervisor to maintain and update internal directories, floor plans and contact lists as needed
- Assist with planning and execution of office projects and programs, including IT rollouts, client and community service events, office special events, client meetings and professional development initiatives
- Work with Office Administrator, Operations Supervisor and Legal Assistant Manager(s) to track spending for various department budgets including business development, client development/entertainment, sponsorships, travel, staff development, etc.
Join us if you have:
- 3+ years of administrative assistant or similar experience in a law firm or in-house legal team is preferred
- High level of confidentiality
- Solutions driven and can-do attitude
- High level of emotional intelligence and ability to flex to different personalities
- Approachable and friendly demeanor
- Helpful, team-focused attitude with high level of customer service focus
- Creative thinking with ability to partner/collaborate with others in the office
- Ability to organize assignments; work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with lawyers, managers and staff
- High attention to detail and excellent organization skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong computer skills with a knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel is required; knowledge of all MS Office products strongly preferred
- Accounting and legal marketing experience is preferred
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to feel and reach with hands and arms and frequently required to sit, stand, walk and occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP believes that embracing diversity and inclusion brings out the best of what each individual has to offer and inspires us to build strong and lasting connections with each other, our clients, and our communities. We are committed to promoting a diverse workforce and inclusive environment where every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy to hire, promote, transfer, terminate, and make all employment-related decisions without regard to an employee’s sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), race, color, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, religious creed, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, military condition, military or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal laws.