This position is responsible for developing and supporting the stable operation of the in-house network infrastructure and telecommunication in a team environment. This individual uses a highly developed technical skill set to design, implement, and operate core network infrastructure, develop processes and procedures, and take a lead role in the implementation of systems projects and platforms in a diverse and dynamic technical environment
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience operating and maintaining large network environments. In addition, they will possess expert-level knowledge of TCP/IP networks, including WAN & LAN design/operation, telecommunication systems, mobile communications, and/or power & cable development. Law-firm or professional services experience is a must.
On a typical day you could do any of the following:
- Design, install, administer, and maintain core networking and telecommunications infrastructure to meet project and firm needs; including design, hardware selection and preparation, configuration, and administration
- Evaluate network (LAN/WAN) infrastructure needs of the firm. Make hardware, software, and vendor recommendations. Take a lead role in product evaluations, planning and implementation of systems, applications, and services
- Manage the firm’s telecommunications infrastructure, including vendor selection, needs determination and specification, order placement, and vendor management
- Develop, implement and maintain guidelines, procedures, documentation and associated training plans for infrastructure administration and appropriate use
- Participate in a 24x7 on-call rotation as directed to respond to reported issues with systems infrastructure and coordinate departmental resources in resolving those issues
- Assist other IT teams to coordinate, develop and recommend the design of functionally centralized and distributed network systems to meet the needs of the firm
- Coordinate, develop, and execute programs for continual measurement of the firm’s information systems performance and effectiveness. Evaluate reports to identify and correct deficiencies and irregular operations
- Recommend hardware/software or corrective action as needed to assure performance requirements for continuity of service, system response time, security, reporting, backup and recovery are met
- Pursue a formal and informal program of continuing education to keep informed of new developments and sharpen skills to insure that the firm is taking optimal advantage of existing and new technologies
- Establish, coordinate, recommend and maintain standards and procedures to support the needs of the firm
- Participate in overall network administration, maintenance and standards implementation
- Assist in the preparation of annual IT budget and meet annual budget targets
- Follow documented processes for change control and patch management
Join us if you have/can:
- BS/BA in Information Technology, Engineering, Communications or equivalent experience
- Previous experience in a law firm or professional services organization
- Demonstrate expert-level technical knowledge, specifically with experience and understanding of:
- Operating and maintaining large network environments
- Various types of networking or telecommunications hardware required
- TCP/IP networks, including WAN and LAN design and operation, telecommunications systems, mobile communications, and / or power and cabling development. Cisco experience and certification strongly preferred
- Supporting mobile computing preferred
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with all levels of a professional services organization, including interpersonal skills, are required
- Strong customer service, analysis, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills are required
- Ability to explain technical concepts to a non-technical audience; experience working with customers and staff possessing a wide range of technical expertise is required
- Ability to handle stressful situations in a calm, composed manner required
- A strong attention to detail and quality control required
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies quickly and independently required
- Must be a team player and have ability to work independently, with minimal supervision
Who We Are
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is an AmLaw 100 law firm with eight offices nationwide. We are relentlessly committed to client service and look for candidates who share that commitment. At DWT, client service means having empathy for each client’s and each lawyer’s work and personal pressures, business objectives, and legal needs; anticipating their needs; and having the capabilities and commitment to deliver what matters most to them.
What’s in it For You?
DWT offers competitive compensation in addition to ample benefits including but not limited to:
- Choice of health and vision insurance plans
- 2 paid volunteer days for qualifying community service work
- Dental plan
- Fertility and adoption benefit
- Paid sabbatical after 13 years of service
- Tuition reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
- Retirement contribution
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to feel and reach with hands and arms and frequently required to sit, stand, walk and occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.? Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.? Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position.? It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP believes that embracing diversity and inclusion brings out the best of what each individual has to offer and inspires us to build strong and lasting connections with each other, our clients, and our communities.? We are committed to promoting a diverse workforce and inclusive environment where every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination.? It is our policy to hire, promote, transfer, terminate, and make all employment-related decisions without regard to an employee’s sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), race, color, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, religious creed, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, military condition, military or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal laws.
Job Reference #: oIRggfwP