This is an exciting opportunity to work for one of the top law firms in the U.S. Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is looking for an innovated technical professional, to join our team in Seattle. This position is responsible for supporting the stable operation of the in-house network infrastructure and telecommunications in a team environment. This individual uses a highly developed technical skill set to assist in the design and implementation of core network infrastructure, develop support procedures, and facilitate the implementation of systems projects and platforms in a diverse and dynamic technical environment.
DWT is a full service law firm with more than 500 attorneys located in offices across the United States including Seattle, Washington; Bellevue, Washington; Portland, Oregon; Anchorage, Alaska; San Francisco, California; Los Angeles, California; New York City, New York; and Washington D.C.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Install, administer, and maintain core networking and telecommunications infrastructure to meet project and firm needs; including hardware selection and preparation, configuration, and administration.
- Participate in evaluating hardware, software, and vendor services. Work as a core team member in product evaluations, planning and implementation of systems, applications, and services.
- Manage the firm’s telecommunications infrastructure, including vendor selection, needs determination and specification, order placement, and vendor management.
- Maintain guidelines, procedures, documentation and associated training plans for infrastructure administration and appropriate use.
- Participate in a 24x7 on-call rotation as directed to respond to reported issues with systems infrastructure and coordinate departmental resources in resolving those issues.
- Assist other IT teams to coordinate, develop and recommend the design of functionally centralized and distributed network systems to meet the needs of the firm.
- Coordinate, develop, and execute programs for continual measurement of the firm’s information systems performance and effectiveness; evaluate reports to identify and correct deficiencies and irregular operations.
- Recommend hardware/software or corrective action as needed to assure performance requirements for continuity of service, system response time, security, reporting, backup and recovery are met.
- Pursue a formal and informal program of continuing education to keep informed of new developments and sharpen skills to insure that the firm is taking optimal advantage of existing and new technologies.
- Establish, coordinate, recommend and maintain standards and procedures to support the needs of the firm.
- Participate in overall network administration, maintenance and standards implementation.
- Assist in the preparation of annual IT budget and meet annual budget targets.
- Follow documented processes for change control and patch management.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Travel, if necessary.
- 5+ years’ experience with various types of networking or telecommunications hardware and operating/maintaining large network environments. Cisco experience and certification strongly preferred.
- BS/BA in Information Technology, Engineering, Communications or equivalent experience.
- Possess strong knowledge of TCP/IP networks, including WAN and LAN design and operation, telecommunications systems, mobile communications, and /or power and cabling development.
- Possess strong knowledge of routing concepts and design including routing protocols.
- Possess strong knowledge of switching concepts and design including spanning tree, port aggregation, etc.
- Experience supporting Cisco VOIP environments, Cisco ACI, software defined networks, and mobile computing preferred.
- Prior experience supporting enterprise firewall systems a plus.
- Prior experience supporting VPN clients and infrastructure a plus.
- Ability to explain technical concepts to a non-technical audience; experience working with customers and staff possessing a wide range of technical expertise is required.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies quickly and independently.
- Previous experience in a law firm or professional services organization, supporting a multi-office environment, preferred.
Physical Requirements: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.