Marketing Events Planner - Freelance
This position will work closely with the Marketing Event Planner on all aspects of the coordination of client-related events. Events may include special receptions, breakfast, lunch and dinner events, seminars, webinars, etc. to support the needs of the attorneys as they pertain to all client-related events. We expect events to remain virtual for the foreseeable future, however this position may be needed to assist with in-person events in the fall pending current government and office restrictions.
Time of Project: Mid-May until December
- In conjunction with the Marketing Event Planner, handle all logistics related to events, such as:
- Venue selection/negotiation and management of F&B, room details, and BEOs
- Creation and maintenance of event website (Cvent)
- Creating, sending, and maintaining save the dates, invitations, other event related e-blasts, and registration lists
- Oversee events the day-of, manage registration, and provide on-site staffing
- Adhere to and maintain budgets set by Director of Marketing and Practice Groups
- Works closely with Marketing Operations & Brand Manager to coordinate design requests.
- Organize materials, including presentations and print materials, as well as giveaways
- Keep accurate records of attendance, expenses and attorney evaluations of events for ROI estimations and budget forecasting
- Oversee webinars. Occasionally include Information Technology (IT).
- Manages invoicing for events
- Works closely with the Marketing Coordinator to ensure an up to date inventory of all event related swag & marketing materials.
- Organize planning meetings/check-ins with stakeholders throughout the planning process, and a recap/next steps after the event
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality; adhere to schedule by being timely on breaks, lunches and meetings
- 3+ years’ experience of event coordination required; professional services experience preferred
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and be flexible to meet changing deadlines, required
- High degree of attention to detail is required
- Exceptional organizational skills required
- Strong word processing and computer skills; solid working knowledge of MS Word and MS Outlook required, experience with all MS Office products preferred
- Experience with Zoom required. Additional event platform experience optional.
- Excellent grammar and proofreading skills required
- Ability to communicate in a professional, courteous manner with clients, firm members, and other business contacts is required
- Willingness to work in a team-oriented, service environment required
- Travel may be required, depending on COVID safety guidelines
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to feel and reach with hands and arms and frequently required to sit, stand, walk and occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP believes that embracing diversity and inclusion brings out the best of what each individual has to offer and inspires us to build strong and lasting connections with each other, our clients, and our communities. We are committed to promoting a diverse workforce and inclusive environment where every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy to hire, promote, transfer, terminate, and make all employment-related decisions without regard to an employee’s sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), race, color, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, religious creed, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, military condition, military or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal laws.