Manager of Staff Development and Training
DWT is driven to innovate new ways to practice law, and we are looking for a Manager of Staff Development and Training to work closely with paralegals, legal assistants, executive legal assistants, and other departments to enhance team and individual core competencies and raise the quality and consistency of client services across the firm.
Under the guidance of the Director of Talent Development & Training, the Manager of Staff Development & Training will lead the design and implementation of the a strategic development and training program for all staff at Davis Wright Tremaine, LLP.
If you have a strong knowledge of law firm operations, a passion for cultivating talent across diverse groups, and a creative approach to curriculum design, we want to talk to you!
On a typical day you will:
- Collaborate with the Director of Talent Development & Training and firm leaders to assess needs and create, implement, and manage the next level of core skills staff training; create metrics to evaluate training return on investment and better communicate program linkages, goals, and outcomes
- Collaborate with the Director of Talent Development & Training and firm leaders to design and implement legal support staff training curricula. Manage planning, organization and delivery of legal support staff training programs, including faculty recruitment, scheduling, promotion, program logistics and post-program review. Track metrics and manage budget
- Collaborate with Director of Talent Development & Training, consult with Department Leaders to assess training needs and evaluate substantive and core skills training programs
- Review and update existing course content and curricula, including core skills training (writing, delegation, communications, etc.) to staff
- Working closely with Information Technology (IT) and Finance (Accounting) to create focused training programs and initiatives for technology-related trainings
- Contribute to development of best practices materials; manage staff resources and training content on the firm’s Learning Management Systems and Talent Development & Training intranet sites
- Make recommendations regarding the use of and selection of outside consultants to tailor training programs to meet specific firm needs
- Monitor external trends and best practices in law firm training; codify insights and recommendations in areas including staff development paths, training, staffing, mentoring, feedback, and compensation
- Contribute to other Talent Development & Training initiatives and programs as requested
Join us if you have:
- 3+ years of professional development training and curricula development experience, or 3+ years of experience supervising, coaching, and managing the performance of legal professionals
- A demonstrated knowledge and experience in facilitating and designing adult education programs in a multi-office law firm
- Demonstrated ability to work with professionals throughout an organization, including partners, associates of all levels, marketing/practice management personnel, support staff, and IT
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills at the project level and focused on serving internal clients.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Self-motivated, able to assume responsibility and work autonomously and ethically in a professional manner
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree is a plus
Who We Are
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is an AmLaw 100 law firm with eight offices nationwide. We are relentlessly committed to client service and look for candidates who share that commitment. At DWT, client service means having empathy for each client’s and each lawyer’s work and personal pressures, business objectives, and legal needs; anticipating their needs; and having the capabilities and commitment to deliver what matters most to them.
What’s in it For You?
DWT offers competitive compensation in addition to ample benefits including but not limited to:
- Choice of health and vision insurance plans
- 2 paid volunteer days for qualifying community service work
- Dental plan
- Fertility and adoption benefit
- Paid sabbatical after 13 years of service
- Tuition reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
- Retirement contribution
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to feel and reach with hands and arms and frequently required to sit, stand, walk and occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP believes that embracing diversity and inclusion brings out the best of what each individual has to offer and inspires us to build strong and lasting connections with each other, our clients, and our communities. We are committed to promoting a diverse workforce and inclusive environment where every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy to hire, promote, transfer, terminate, and make all employment-related decisions without regard to an employee’s sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), race, color, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, religious creed, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, military condition, military or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal laws.
Job Reference #: orMBdfwL