Manager, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Community
This is an exciting opportunity to work for one of the top law firms in the U.S.! Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is looking for a Manager, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Community to join our team in Seattle, Los Angeles or New York.
This position will work with the Director, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) Operations, the DEI team, and other HR and business functions on the development and implementation of DEI programs and initiatives.
At Davis Wright Tremaine, you will find challenging assignments, opportunities for professional growth and community involvement, and a culture of inclusion. DWT fosters inclusiveness and authenticity. Regardless of position, everyone here has a voice and the support is unparalleled.
On a typical day you will:
- Collaborate with the Chief DEI Officer and DEI Operations Director to execute a DEI strategic plan
- Manage firm Affinity Groups (AG), Employee Resource Groups (ERG), and Office DEI Committees
- Develop and implement tactical programming and initiatives
- Collaborate with firm and administrative leadership to integrate and align the firm’s commitment to DEI into all of its talent functions, including human resources, recruiting, professional development, marketing, and business development
- Develop thought leadership internally and externally
- Serve as a liaison and collaborator with other DEI managers
- Monitor daily news sources, studies, and other external publications for news and developments that are relevant to DEI and relay important, timely information to colleagues
- Participate in continuing education on DEI issues and topics
- Must be willing to travel to other offices as needed
Join us if you have:
- 4+ years’ experience providing administrative support required; experience in a law firm, agency or professional services organization a plus
- Thorough understanding of federal, state, and local equal employment opportunity laws and regulations
- Strong project management skills; ability to coordinate projects between multiple departments and committees
- High level of political and situational awareness, with the ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive information
- Demonstrated ability to employ independent judgment in developing strategies and approaches to strengthen firm commitments, be self-motivated and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously, work under pressure and meet deadlines, required
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills including proven dispute resolution skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills to respond to a diverse user group required
- Demonstrated proficiency with the full suite of MS Office products, with particular strength in manipulating data in Excel
- Ability to handle stressful situations in a calm, composed manner
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently while also working as a strong team player
- Demonstrated strong attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and work well in an environment with constant changes
- Ability to take initiative in a fast-paced environment and work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
Who We Are
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is an AmLaw 100 law firm with eight offices nationwide. We are relentlessly committed to client service and look for candidates who share that commitment. At DWT, client service means having empathy for each client’s and each lawyer’s work and personal pressures, business objectives, and legal needs; anticipating their needs; and having the capabilities and commitment to deliver what matters most to them.
What’s in it For You?
DWT offers competitive compensation in addition to ample benefits including but not limited to:
- Choice of health and vision insurance plans
- 2 paid volunteer days for qualifying community service work
- Dental plan
- Fertility and adoption benefit
- Paid sabbatical after 13 years of service
- Tuition reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
- Retirement contribution
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) are part of the fabric of Davis Wright Tremaine-central to who we are and what we do. Our vision is to foster a culture where all talented individuals-including those from traditionally underrepresented populations-can have, and can see, a path to success. We are committed to fostering DEI because it makes our firm better, in every way. At DWT, every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy to hire, promote, transfer, terminate, and make all employment-related decisions without regard to an employee’s sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), race, color, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, religious creed, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, military condition, military or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal laws.
Davis Wright Tremaine provides reasonable accommodations for those who need them to complete the application or recruiting process and for employees who need reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their positions due to a disability or for religious reasons. If you need to request accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Reference #: oJQZhfwz