Litigation Docket Specialist
This is an exciting opportunity to work for one of the top law firms in the U.S. Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is looking for an enthusiastic legal professional to join our team in Los Angeles. This position is responsible for maintaining the litigation docket in multiple firm offices; acting as one of the department’s liaisons with the attorneys and staff in those offices; working collaboratively with docket staff throughout the firm to maintain the system; and providing application-specific training to new hires and current staff.
DWT is a full service law firm with more than 500 attorneys practicing in offices across the United States and China. Headquartered in Seattle and with offices in Bellevue, Portland, Anchorage, San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York, Washington D.C., and Shanghai; we serve clients with local, regional, national, and international interests.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in the ongoing implementation of the CompuLaw docket system as the firm’s standard for docketing litigation and other critical events.
- Assist in maintaining the firm’s centralized litigation docket in multiple firm offices, as needed.
- Provide application-specific training, as assigned, to new hires and current staff on the firm’s electronic docketing system (and on upgrades to the system, as they occur).
- Perform back-up functions in those instances where the local staff is unavailable to calendar critical events or act as an office’s docket clerk in instances in which an office has no docket staff.
- Assist with other administrative tasks, and/or support as assigned.
- 2+ years’ experience with CompuLaw or similar docketing/calendar product, in a law firm or legal services environment, or 4+ years’ prior experience as a paralegal in a litigation practice, or a combination of docketing and paralegal experiences, is required.
- Demonstrated understanding of the litigation process, docketing requirements; federal and state court rules for the state of California is required; knowledge of Washington, Oregon, Alaska, District of Columbia and New York court rules highly desirable.
- Demonstrated experience with MS Office required.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, including accurate grammar and spelling.
- Attention to detail, analysis and organization skills.
- Ability to accurately type 35-40 wpm is required.
- Strong interpersonal skills, team player able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong customer service skills, including understanding and responding quickly to a variety of inquiries, are required.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet project deadlines is required.
- GED/High School diploma required: Bachelor’s degree, preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit and stoop, kneel, and crouch. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.