Legal Solutions Architect
Davis Wright Tremaine is looking for an experienced Legal Solutions Architect to join our team in Seattle.
The successful Legal Solutions Architect (LSA) switches back and forth to roles in three key areas: 1) Relationship building, 2) Program and project management, and 3) Thought leadership.
De Novo is an award winning innovation team that employs these questions to change the status quo of the law firm by designing and delivering solutions that work for businesses—both lawyers’ and their clients’. The De Novo team tackles problems of all sizes and designs solutions with anything at its disposal, ranging from the basic string-and-gum of Microsoft’s Office suite, to specialized visualization and collaboration tools.
De Novo supplements the Firm’s legal excellence with capabilities in technology, project management, process improvement, and business analysis. These capabilities respond to what De Novo’s clients actually need, and resulting solutions can vary from building a managed service that handles high volume contract review, to mining data about a client’s workforce to analyze trends and flag problem areas.
At Davis Wright Tremaine, you will find challenging assignments, opportunities for professional growth and community involvement, and a culture of inclusion and innovation.
In this role, you will master:
- Confidently offer reliable advice and counsel to professionals at the top of their profession and responsible for millions of dollars in business
- When designing and delivering a solution, the LSA is often the single point of contact for a relationship attorney and client in-house counsel (IHC) of the Firm, fielding communication, escalating issues, and allocating resources as necessary
- Interview attorneys, clients, and staff stakeholders to gather requirements, and then synthesize and prioritize requirements to produce formal solution requirements for Information Technology (IT) and other implementers
- Understand client context, research competitive intelligence, and survey stakeholders about legal solutions
- Create and present legal solution proposals and business plans in clear and compelling language, keep De Novo clients eager to take our calls or reach out to us
Project and Program Management
- Analyze data using tools like Excel, SharePoint, Power BI, and Tableau to give stakeholders operational insight
- Design legal solutions to address client needs
- Track and report on plans, deliverables, status and goals, and allocate resources, work on, and lead small teams
- Manage a portfolio of legal solution programs and projects, and
- Learn new tools (such as data visualization software, document automation software, case management software, document management software, or project management software)
- Review projects for lessons-learned, use-case analyses, and business trends
- Keep up to date on emerging legal technologies
- Present solutions to practice groups and law firm committees, and
- Participate in legal and technology conventions and seminars
Join us if you have:
- 4+ years’ experience in a law firm environment or similar professional industry including accounting, corporate law department or consulting firm
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business administration, or other technical discipline
- Lean, Lean Six Sigma, PMP or similar certification preferred or the ability to demonstrate comparable experience and training in project management or process improvement
- Experience presenting to small groups and decision-makers
- High proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, Project, Visio and OneNote
- Preferred: proficiency with legal technology tools such as matter management, document automation, and/or document review software, or skills with similar tools from other industries that demonstrates an ability to learn and use new technology
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to read and write English
- Located in Seattle, WA or Portland, OR.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to feel and reach with hands and arms and frequently required to sit, stand, walk and occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP believes that embracing diversity and inclusion brings out the best of what each individual has to offer and inspires us to build strong and lasting connections with each other, our clients, and our communities. We are committed to promoting a diverse workforce and inclusive environment where every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy to hire, promote, transfer, terminate, and make all employment-related decisions without regard to an employee’s sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), race, color, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, religious creed, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, military condition, military or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal laws.