Legal Secretary Trainee
ENTRY-LEVEL LEGAL SECRETARY TRAINEE
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Secretarial Manager
Summary: This position is an entry-level trainee position with the goal of the candidate moving into a legal secretary position. While a trainee, the candidate will first provide assistance to secretaries on a task basis, progressing to providing coverage for desks while secretaries are out. Training will be provided and completion of any training programs is mandatory.
- Attend training classes and complete any homework.
- Assist secretaries with assigned tasks which may include organizing files, preparing binders, completing administrative tasks, entering attorney time, and other projects as assigned.
- As skills build, cover desks for secretaries when they are out.
- High degree of attention to detail.
- Ability to accurately type 45+ wpm.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products is required.
- Ability and willingness to learn new programs and program updates.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, service focused environment and to handle stressful situations in calm, composed manner.
- Ability to communicate by telephone in a professional, courteous manner.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to complete projects with minimal supervision.
- Ability to follow client confidentiality guidelines.
- Legal experience, preferred.
- Customer service background.
- GED or High School Diploma, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.