Legal Secretary or Assistant - Corporate & Business Transactions
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP, an AmLaw 100 firm, is seeking a proactive Legal Assistant/Secretary who can sit in any of our west coast offices.
In this role, you will provide executive-level support to our partners and paralegals in our Corporate & Business Transactions team. You will collaborate with our attorneys, understand their practice and clients, and own non-billable administrative tasks supporting multi-million-dollar transactions. This could include assisting with transaction closings, interacting with clients and responding to requests, managing billing processes, and taking ownership of multiple projects.
We value entrepreneurial self-starters who bring innovative solutions to the table. If you have the vision to see beyond a "to do" list and can anticipate needs of executives, we want to talk to you.
At Davis Wright Tremaine, you will find challenging assignments, opportunities for professional growth and community involvement, and a culture of inclusion. DWT fosters inclusiveness and authenticity. Regardless of position, everyone here has a voice, and the support is unparalleled.
2+ years' law firm or legal support experience is required.
On a typical day, you will:
- Manage client billing process, including review and editing of pre-bills
- Assist with transaction closings; monitor and update checklists, organize documents and signature packets for execution, monitor status of documentation and organize final executed documents as received, review documents for completeness, maintain electronic record of final executed documents, organize documents for closing transcripts, produce and transmit closing transcripts, distribute stock certificates
- Act as an intermediary with clients and respond to requests, demonstrating a high level of written and verbal communication skill
- Identify and organize documents for closings of complex financing or acquisition transactions, requiring astute analytical skill and reading comprehension
- Own the setup of data rooms for transactions; communicate access information, anticipate needs, and execute the set up
- Docket reminders for annual corporate filings (e.g., stock plan registration)
- Ensure that relevant documents are filed in the client’s minute book records and that equity ownership information is properly maintained
- Schedule and coordinate appointments, meetings and conference calls via Zoom and/or Microsoft Teams and maintain calendars
- Open new client and new matter files
- Tackle day-to-day administrative need such as, making travel arrangements, and preparing expense reports
- Report tasks daily using Firm’s task management tool, TaskIt
Join us if you can:
- Become a trusted collaborator with our attorneys to understand their practice and leverage resources to make administrative processes more efficient
- See connections, anticipate needs beyond a "to do" list
- Be agile when faced with frequently changing needs, which will require prioritizing tasks, tracking competing deadlines, and communicating at a high-level with an exceptional focus on client service
- Work efficiently and take initiative, but also exercise a high degree of attention to detail
- Communicate at a consistently high-level, both written and verbal, demonstrating maturity and strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated strong word processing and computer skills; solid working knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook required, experience with all MS Office 2010 products preferred. Proofreading, NetDocs and PowerPoint skills desired
Who We Are
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is an AmLaw 100 law firm with eight offices nationwide. We are relentlessly committed to client service and look for candidates who share that commitment. At DWT, client service means having empathy for each client’s and each lawyer’s work and personal pressures, business objectives, and legal needs; anticipating their needs; and having the capabilities and commitment to deliver what matters most to them.
What’s in it For You?
DWT offers competitive compensation in addition to ample benefits including but not limited to:
- Choice of health and vision insurance plans
- 2 paid volunteer days for qualifying community service work
- Dental plan
- Fertility and adoption benefit
- Paid sabbatical after 13 years of service
- Tuition reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
- Retirement contribution
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) are part of the fabric of Davis Wright Tremaine-central to who we are and what we do. Our vision is to foster a culture where all talented individuals-including those from traditionally underrepresented populations-can have, and can see, a path to success. We are committed to fostering DEI because it makes our firm better, in every way. At DWT, every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy to hire, promote, transfer, terminate, and make all employment-related decisions without regard to an employee’s sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), race, color, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, religious creed, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, military condition, military or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal laws.
Davis Wright Tremaine provides reasonable accommodations for those who need them to complete the application or recruiting process and for employees who need reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their positions due to a disability or for religious reasons. If you need to request accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please contact email@example.com.
Job Reference #: o1dPgfw3