Legal Recruiter, DWTSurge
The DWTSurge Recruiting Specialist will work closely with the DWTSurge Program Manager to manage full-cycle recruiting for DWTSurge, an innovative alternative legal staffing program at Davis Wright Tremaine.
DWTSurge recruits high-quality legal professionals provides them a thorough grounding in individual clients’ needs and preferences, and deploys them, on-demand, for short- and long-term assignments, overseen by firm partners.
The program is growing rapidly to service various clients and practice groups at the firm and offers an opportunity to be part of an entrepreneurial and rapidly-evolving new business line within an established law firm setting.
At Davis Wright Tremaine, you will find challenging assignments, opportunities for professional growth and community involvement, and a culture of inclusion. DWT fosters inclusiveness and authenticity. Regardless of position, everyone here has a voice and the support is unparalleled.
On a typical day you will:
- Develop, own, and execute specific recruitment plans to identify top attorney, paralegal, and other legal professional talent.
- Draft and manage engaging job postings
- Build and maintain a strong, diverse pipeline of highly qualified candidates
- Review applications, conduct candidate interviews, and recommend top candidates to our stakeholders
- Schedule candidate interviews and gather, synthesize, and analyze interview feedback
- Conduct reference checks
- Discuss compensation expectations and handle negotiations with candidates
- Track key staffing metrics and generate relevant reports regarding geographic markets, market rates for candidates, etc.
- Innovate on current alternative staffing sourcing methods
- Assist in the development and management of the DWTSurge recruiting site
- Manage the Program’s collaboration with the Talent Acquisition team on recruiting events and with the Firm’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion recruiting initiatives
- Proactively market the Program and develop connections with relevant legal associations, professional groups, law school alumni groups, and more
- Own the development and implementation of a communication strategy with candidate network
- Support the development of candidate referral programs
Join us if you can:
- Manage and prioritize multiple searches, projects, and client relationships with a client-service focus
- Source hard-to-find candidates leveraging social media tools, Boolean searches, and staying up to date on new techniques
- Quickly learn about the nuances of our firm – you’ll learn different practice areas in the legal industry, law firm operations, and evolving ways of serving clients
- Conduct interviews to identify top talent utilizing developed interpersonal skills
- Maintain strong relationships with top candidates utilizing and maintaining CRM (Candidate Relationship Management) software
- Demonstrate cultural competency with a strong understanding of the firm’s dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Market our talent brand by taking part in candidate outreach events and marketing efforts
- Produce polished work product and effectively communicate with high-level stakeholders
- Practice good judgement; Strong troubleshooting, decision-making, follow-up, follow-through, and priority setting skills are required.
A Bachelor’s degree and 4+ years’ experience, or equivalent demonstrated experience in full-cycle recruiting is very helpful, but we are open to candidates from non-traditional backgrounds who have transferrable skills to succeed. Experience in a law firm or other professional services organization is a plus!
Who We Are
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is an AmLaw 100 law firm with eight offices nationwide. We are relentlessly committed to client service and look for candidates who share that commitment. At DWT, client service means having empathy for each client’s and each lawyer’s work and personal pressures, business objectives, and legal needs; anticipating their needs; and having the capabilities and commitment to deliver what matters most to them.
What’s in it For You?
DWT offers competitive compensation in addition to ample benefits including but not limited to:
- Choice of health and vision insurance plans
- 2 paid volunteer days for qualifying community service work
- Dental plan
- Fertility and adoption benefit
- Paid sabbatical after 13 years of service
- Tuition reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
- Retirement contribution
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to feel and reach with hands and arms and frequently required to sit, stand, walk and occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP believes that embracing diversity and inclusion brings out the best of what each individual has to offer and inspires us to build strong and lasting connections with each other, our clients, and our communities. We are committed to promoting a diverse workforce and inclusive environment where every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy to hire, promote, transfer, terminate, and make all employment-related decisions without regard to an employee’s sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), race, color, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, religious creed, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, military condition, military or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal laws.
Job Reference #: oNcaffw8