Legal Practice Management Specialist
PRACTICE MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST
Practice Group: Energy, Environmental & Healthcare
This is an exciting opportunity to work for one of the top law firms in the U.S. Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is looking for an enthusiastic marketing professional to join our practice management team in our San Francisco office. This position will support the practice manager, and the practice group(s) they manage on initiatives that enhance the business and strategic operations of the practice groups.
The ideal candidate is curious, enthusiastic, kind, reliable, authentic, entrepreneurial, humble, innovative and supportive. They should have a work ethic that is suited for both service and team and has the adaptability and willingness to work together with different personalities in order to move practice group initiatives forward in an efficient way. They will have the drive to figure things out and get it done.
- Provide support to practice managers on preparation of communications related to winning new work that will enhance the groups’ profile and reputation.
- Lead the collection, storage, maintenance and distribution of lawyers’ experience. Work with the practice managers to develop an effective system for each practice group that minimizes the administrative burden on lawyers.
- Work with the marketing and communications team to create, update and organize marketing collateral and related records as well as practice group’s blogs and social media platforms as necessary.
- Track and monitor practice group budgets under the direction of the practice manager. Process budget requests.
- Coordinate the negotiation and management of sponsorships including payment, marketing and attendance at sponsorship events.
- Conduct research in support of new business opportunities as identified by attorneys or practice managers.
- Coordinate seminars, webinars and events for assigned practice groups. Support the practice managers on major events and liaison to the event planning team.
- Attend practice group meetings, assist with financial report development, and provide marketing support and general practice group operational support.
- Provide marketing support to San Francisco office as needed.
- May require travel to other out of state offices, as necessary.
- 2+ years of professional services marketing is desired or equivalent internship and education. Law firm or professional services marketing experience supporting a multi-office environment is a plus.
- Demonstrated strong attention to detail, ability to take ownership of projects, and ability to prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, including the ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships across all firm functions as well as with clients and other business contacts.
- Demonstrated writing ability and excellent grammar, spelling and proofreading skills are required.
- Ability to handle stressful situations in a calm and composed manner.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently while also acting as part of a high-functioning team.
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office Products required, i.e. Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel; CRM technology a plus.
- College degree and demonstrated academic excellence is strongly preferred.