Legal Practice Management Specialist
Drive business and build stellar client relationships in our premier Energy and Healthcare legal practice.
As a member of the practice management team, this position will support the practice managers, and the Energy and Healthcare practice groups on initiatives that enhance business and strategic operations.
The Practice Management Specialist’s work ethic is suited for both service and team and has the adaptability and willingness to work together with different personalities in order to move practice group initiatives forward in an efficient way. They will have the drive to figure things out and get it done. If you are curious, enthusiastic, kind, reliable, authentic, entrepreneurial, humble, innovative and supportive we want to talk to you.
At Davis Wright Tremaine, you will find challenging assignments, opportunities for professional growth and community involvement, and a culture of inclusion. DWT fosters inclusiveness and authenticity. Regardless of position, everyone here has a voice and the support is unparalleled.
On a typical day you will:
- Provide support to practice managers on preparation of communications related to winning new work that will enhance the groups’ profile and reputation
- Lead the collection, storage, maintenance and distribution of lawyers’ experience. Work with the practice managers to develop an effective system for each practice group that minimizes the administrative burden on lawyers
- Conduct research in support of new business opportunities as identified by attorneys or practice managers
- Coordinate the negotiation and management of sponsorships including payment, marketing and attendance at sponsorship events
- Coordinate seminars, webinars and events for assigned practice groups. Support the practice managers on major events and liaison to the event planning team
- Attend practice group meetings, assist with financial report development, and provide marketing support and general practice group operational support
- Work with the marketing and communications team to create, update and organize marketing collateral and related records as well as practice group’s blogs and social media platforms as necessary
- Track and monitor practice group budgets under the direction of the practice manager. Process budget requests
- Assist with additional projects as necessary
- Provide marketing support to California offices as needed
- Travel to other offices required (approximately 25%)
Join us if you have:
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, including the ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships across all firm functions as well as with clients and other business contacts
- A stellar writing ability and excellent grammar, spelling and proofreading skills
- The ability to handle stressful situations in a calm and composed manner
- A demonstrated proficiency with MS Office Products, i.e. Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel; CRM technology a plus
- Strong attention to detail, ability to take ownership of projects, and ability to prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- The demonstrated ability to work independently while also acting as part of a high-functioning team
2+ years of law firm or professional services marketing is helpful, but we are open to candidates from non-traditional backgrounds who have transferrable skills to succeed. A college degree and demonstrated academic excellence is strongly preferred.
Who We Are
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is an AmLaw 100 law firm with eight offices nationwide. We are relentlessly committed to client service and look for candidates who share that commitment. At DWT, client service means having empathy for each client’s and each lawyer’s work and personal pressures, business objectives, and legal needs; anticipating their needs; and having the capabilities and commitment to deliver what matters most to them.
What’s in it For You?
DWT offers competitive compensation in addition to ample benefits including but not limited to:
- Choice of health and vision insurance plans
- 2 paid volunteer days for qualifying community service work
- Dental plan
- Fertility and adoption benefit
- Paid sabbatical after 13 years of service
- Tuition reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
- Retirement contribution
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to feel and reach with hands and arms and frequently required to sit, stand, walk and occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP believes that embracing diversity and inclusion brings out the best of what each individual has to offer and inspires us to build strong and lasting connections with each other, our clients, and our communities. We are committed to promoting a diverse workforce and inclusive environment where every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy to hire, promote, transfer, terminate, and make all employment-related decisions without regard to an employee’s sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), race, color, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, religious creed, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, military condition, military or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal laws.
Job Reference #: oNq7cfwg