Legal Practice Management Specialist - Business and Tax
This is an exciting opportunity to work for one of the top law firms in the U.S. Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is looking for an innovative and entrepreneurial legal practice management specialist to join our team in Seattle. This position will support the practice manager and the Business and Tax practice group on initiatives that enhance business and strategic operations.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide support to practice managers on preparation of communications related to winning new work that will enhance the groups’ profile and reputation.
- Lead the collection, storage, maintenance and distribution of lawyers’ experience. Work with the practice managers to develop an effective system for each practice group that minimizes the administrative burden on lawyers.
- Conduct research in support of new business opportunities as identified by attorneys or practice managers.
- Coordinate the negotiation and management of sponsorships including payment, marketing and attendance at sponsorship events.
- Coordinate seminars, webinars and events for assigned practice groups. Support the practice managers on major events and liaison to the event planning team.
- Attend practice group meetings, assist with financial report development, and provide marketing support and general practice group operational support.
- Work with the marketing and communications team to create, update and organize marketing collateral and related records as well as practice group’s blogs and social media platforms as necessary.
- Track and monitor practice group budgets under the direction of the practice manager. Process budget requests.
- Assist with additional projects as necessary.
- Travel to other offices, particularly Portland, required (approximately 25%).
- 2+ years of law firm or professional services marketing is desired, or equivalent internship and education.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, including the ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships across all firm functions as well as with clients and other business contacts.
- Demonstrated writing ability and excellent grammar, spelling and proofreading skills are required.
- Ability to handle stressful situations in a calm and composed manner.
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office Products required, i.e. Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel; CRM technology a plus.
- Demonstrated strong attention to detail, ability to take ownership of projects, and ability to prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- College degree and demonstrated academic excellence is strongly preferred.
The ideal candidate is curious, enthusiastic, kind, reliable, authentic, entrepreneurial, humble, innovative and supportive. They should have a work ethic that is suited for both service and team and has the adaptability and willingness to work together with different personalities in order to move practice group initiatives forward in an efficient way. They will have the drive to figure things out and get it done.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; and occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.