Legal Assistant - Litigation
This is an exciting opportunity to work for one of the top law firms in the U.S.! Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is looking for a Legal Assistant - Litigation to join our team in the Seattle office.
This position provides critical support to four to five attorneys in the commercial litigation practice group. It requires extensive knowledge of federal and state court rules; drafting, editing and formatting pleadings and discovery documents; knowledge of filing procedures in both federal and state courts; arranging for service of documents; maintaining electronic files (NetDocs); proficiency with attorney time entry (Intapp); knowledge of billing software; and other tasks as assigned.
At Davis Wright Tremaine, you will find challenging assignments, opportunities for professional growth and community involvement, and a culture of inclusion. DWT fosters inclusiveness and authenticity. Regardless of position, everyone here has a voice and the support is unparalleled.
On a typical day you will:
- Draft, proofread, format and edit pleadings, discovery responses, correspondence and other legal documents
- File pleadings in state and federal courts in many different venues
- Utilize billing software to run client-related accounting reports
- Prepare spreadsheets analyzing client billing data
- Maintain electronic files
- Schedule depositions and meetings; make travel arrangements; maintain attorneys calendars
- Track and calendar internal and case-related deadlines
- Open new client matters and initiate conflict checks
- Enter billable time into time-keeping system
Join us if you have:
- 5+ years’ experience as a litigation assistant, or similar experience
- Strong skills in word processing and computer use: ability to type 65 wpm with high accuracy; proficiency in MS Office Products (Word, Outlook, Excel) and Adobe Acrobat or Nuance required; some knowledge of PowerPoint, time keeping programs, NetDocs, and SharePoint sites preferred; ability to perform internet research
- Extensive experience filing documents with state and federal courts. Ability to read and understand court rules, ensure compliance with court rules and assigned judge’s individual rules and practices
- High attention to detail and sensitivity to confidential materials
- Ability to work independently and anticipate needed tasks to complete projects
- Able and willing to learn new electronic programs
- Excellent grammar, proofreading and organizational skills
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- High level of energy; able to work at a fast pace and to prioritize tasks
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, service focused environment and to handle stressful situations in calm, composed manner
- Ability to understand and follow work instructions with minimal supervision
- Availability and willingness to work overtime as needed or requested
- A high school diploma or GED certification, required
Who We Are
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is an AmLaw 100 law firm with 11 offices nationwide. We are relentlessly committed to client service and look for candidates who share that commitment. At DWT, client service means having empathy for each client’s and each lawyer’s work and personal pressures, business objectives, and legal needs; anticipating their needs; and having the capabilities and commitment to deliver what matters most to them.
What’s in it For You?
DWT offers competitive compensation in addition to ample benefits including but not limited to:
- Choice of health and vision insurance plans
- 2 paid volunteer days for qualifying community service work
- Dental plan
- Fertility and adoption benefit
- Paid sabbatical after 13 years of service
- Tuition reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
- Retirement contribution
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.
The annualized salary range for this position in Washington is $60,500 to $86,000 ($31.03-$44.10). Actual pay will be adjusted based on the candidate’s education, training, experience and other job-related factors permitted by law. Full time employees may be eligible for a bonus, health insurance with an optional HSA, long term disability, dental insurance, vision care, telemedicine and virtual short term solution based counseling services, life insurance, Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts, subsidized backup care and caregiving resources, 401(k), vacation, sick time, 11 paid holidays each year and an employee assistance program. For full-time employees, the initial vacation benefit is 15 days per year and 11 days of sick leave per year, accrued bi-weekly. Additional voluntary programs include: voluntary accident insurance, voluntary life, voluntary disability, voluntary long term care, and pet insurance. Commuter and Transit programs are also available.
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP embraces diversity, equity and inclusion. It brings out the best of what each individual has to offer and inspires us to build strong and lasting connections with each other, our clients, and our communities.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are part of the fabric of Davis Wright Tremaine-central to who we are and what we do. Our vision is to foster a culture where all talented individuals-including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the legal profession-can have, and can see, a path to success. In order to support this vision, we request that you voluntarily provide the following demographic data. All self-reported demographic information is stored securely in a manner that is compliant with DWT’s privacy and security policies and is only accessible by authorized members of the Talent Acquisition and HR Departments; it is not shared with any of the hiring decision-makers.
Davis Wright Tremaine provides reasonable accommodations for those who need them to complete the application or recruiting process and for employees who need reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their positions due to a disability or for religious reasons. If you need to request accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please email CarrieMcIntyre@dwt.com.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: oMq9nfws