Legal Assistant - Financial Services
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP, an AmLaw 100 firm, is seeking a proactive Legal Assistant to join our team in Seattle.
We are seeking an experienced Legal Assistant with experience managing deals, preferably within the Financial Services practice area.
In this role, you will provide support to our partners, counsel and associates in our Financial Services team. You will collaborate with our attorneys, understand their practices and clients, and own non-billable administrative tasks supporting multi-million dollar transactions. This could include assisting with transaction closings, interacting with clients and responding to requests, managing billing processes, and taking ownership of multiple projects.
At Davis Wright Tremaine, you will find challenging assignments, opportunities for professional growth and community involvement, and a culture of inclusion. DWT fosters inclusiveness and authenticity. Regardless of position, everyone here has a voice and the support is unparalleled.
On a typical day, you will:
- Assist with transaction closings; monitor and update checklists, organize documents and signature packets for execution, monitor status of documentation and organize final executed documents as received, review documents for completeness, maintain electronic record of final executed documents, organize documents for closing transcripts, draft and finalize correspondence, produce and transmit closing transcripts
- Act as an intermediary with clients and respond to requests, demonstrating a high level of written and verbal communication skill
- Identify and organize documents for closings of complex financing, requiring astute analytical skill and reading comprehension
- Tackle day-to-day administrative needs, such as scheduling conference rooms, making travel arrangements, and preparing expense reports
Join us if you can:
- Become a trusted collaborator with our attorneys to understand their practice and leverage resources to make administrative processes more efficient
- See connections, anticipate needs beyond a "to do" list
- Be agile when faced with frequently changing needs, which will require prioritizing tasks, tracking competing deadlines, and communicating at a high-level with an exceptional focus on client service
- Work efficiently and take initiative, but also exercise a high degree of attention to detail
- Communicate at a consistently high-level, both written and verbal, demonstrating maturity and strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated strong word processing and computer skills; solid working knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook required, experience with all MS Office 2010 products preferred. Proofreading, NetDocs and PowerPoint skills desired
3+ years of experience supporting executives or attorneys is helpful, but we are open to candidates from non-traditional backgrounds who have transferrable skills to succeed.
Who We Are
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is an AmLaw 100 law firm with eight offices nationwide. We are relentlessly committed to client service and look for candidates who share that commitment. At DWT, client service means having empathy for each client’s and each lawyer’s work and personal pressures, business objectives, and legal needs; anticipating their needs; and having the capabilities and commitment to deliver what matters most to them.
What’s in it For You?
DWT offers competitive compensation in addition to ample benefits including but not limited to:
- Choice of health and vision insurance plans
- 2 paid volunteer days for qualifying community service work
- Dental plan
- Fertility and adoption benefit
- Paid sabbatical after 13 years of service
- Tuition reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
- Retirement contribution
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to feel and reach with hands and arms and frequently required to sit, stand, walk and occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP believes that embracing diversity and inclusion brings out the best of what each individual has to offer and inspires us to build strong and lasting connections with each other, our clients, and our communities. We are committed to promoting a diverse workforce and inclusive environment where every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy to hire, promote, transfer, terminate, and make all employment-related decisions without regard to an employee’s sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), race, color, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, religious creed, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, military condition, military or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal laws.