Lawyer Recruiting Coordinator
This is an exciting opportunity to work for one of the top law firms in the U.S.! Davis Wright Tremaine is looking for a Lawyer Recruiting Coordinator to join our team in Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle, or Portland. As a member of the firm wide Lawyer Talent Team, this position is responsible for providing professional support to the Lawyer Recruiting Managers with a particular focus on lawyer recruiting activity in our California offices.
At Davis Wright Tremaine, you will find challenging assignments, opportunities for professional growth and community involvement, and a culture of inclusion. DWT fosters inclusiveness and authenticity. Regardless of position, everyone here has a voice and the support is unparalleled.
On a typical day you will:
Lateral Attorney Hiring
- Assist Lawyer Recruiting Managers with all aspects of lateral hiring and integration
- Prepare due diligence documents as requested by manager
- Prepare interview schedules and candidate packets
- Assist managers with lateral attorney sourcing activities
- Prepare offer letters and regret letters
- Prepare check requests and reimbursements for lateral hiring activity
- Greet lateral candidates as needed
- Prepare reports on hiring activity, as requested by managers
- Assist new hires with relocation
Attorney Onboarding and Integration
- Work with firm management to provide integration support for lateral attorney hires
- Process incoming mail
- Enter applicant information into the recruiting database as needed
- Maintain electronic files
- Order lunches or make reservations, as needed
- Handle details for miscellaneous events or department functions, as needed
- Assist with other HR projects, as needed
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality. Adhere to schedule by being timely on breaks, lunches and meetings
Join us if you have:
- Prior administrative experience in law firm or other professional services recruiting is required
- Experience with data management software is required. Experience with recruiting databases is preferred
- Experience synthesizing and analyzing data is preferred
- High school diploma or GED is required. Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel is required. Experience with PowerPoint, Office 2016, Windows 10, and viRecruit is preferred
- Strong interpersonal, communication and technical skills are required
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with lawyers, staff and other business contacts is required
- Ability to read and write English, including the ability to compose memoranda, agenda, letters, etc.
- Ability to organize assignments, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- High degree of attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented, service environment
Who We Are
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is an AmLaw 100 law firm with eight offices nationwide. We are relentlessly committed to client service and look for candidates who share that commitment. At DWT, client service means having empathy for each client’s and each lawyer’s work and personal pressures, business objectives, and legal needs; anticipating their needs; and having the capabilities and commitment to deliver what matters most to them.
What’s in it For You?
DWT offers competitive compensation in addition to ample benefits including but not limited to:
- Choice of health and vision insurance plans
- 2 paid volunteer days for qualifying community service work
- Dental plan
- Fertility and adoption benefit
- Paid sabbatical after 13 years of service
- Tuition reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
- Retirement contribution
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) are part of the fabric of Davis Wright Tremaine-central to who we are and what we do. Our vision is to foster a culture where all talented individuals-including those from traditionally underrepresented populations-can have, and can see, a path to success. We are committed to fostering DEI because it makes our firm better, in every way. At DWT, every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy to hire, promote, transfer, terminate, and make all employment-related decisions without regard to an employee’s sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), race, color, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, religious creed, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, military condition, military or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal laws.
Davis Wright Tremaine provides reasonable accommodations for those who need them to complete the application or recruiting process and for employees who need reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their positions due to a disability or for religious reasons. If you need to request accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please contact email@example.com.
Job Reference #: oxs7gfw6