Lawyer Recruiting Assistant
As a member of the firm-wide Talent Acquisition department’s Lawyer Recruiting Team, this position is responsible for providing administrative support for lawyer recruiting, including scheduling interviews, maintaining databases, updating spreadsheets and drafting correspondence. A high degree of client service is associated with this position. The Lawyer Recruiting Assistant will be an organizational guru, work effectively with internal and external clients and candidates, possess great communication skills, have the ability to shift gears at a moment’s notice, be proactive in nature, and enjoy the challenges of helping to recruit great talent.
At Davis Wright Tremaine, you will find challenging assignments, opportunities for professional growth and community involvement, and a culture of inclusion. DWT fosters inclusiveness and authenticity. Regardless of position, everyone here has a voice and the support is unparalleled.
On a typical day you will:
- Maintain applicant and interview data in the firm’s recruiting database
- Ensure attorney openings on firm’s careers page are accurate and current
- Post attorney openings with various channels and track effectiveness
- Assist in leveraging the Internet and Social Media for recruitment
- Coordinate interview schedules for all of the firm’s offices
- Draft correspondence to candidates and hiring managers
- Serve as resource to internal and external stakeholders to ensure lawyer recruiting questions are timely routed to the appropriate team member for response
- Support recruiting managers, specialists, coordinators, and work with other recruiting assistants and perform other assignments and special projects as necessary
Join us if you have:
- Prior administrative experience in the recruiting function is preferred but not required. Experience in a law firm or other professional services organization is a plus
- Highly organized with the ability to work under pressure with a sense of urgency
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with all levels of a professional services organization
- Strong communications skills and client service ethic conveyed in both verbal and written form is required
- Strong attention to detail and quality control required
- Ability to work with highly confidential, sensitive information
- Experience with data management software and recruiting databases is preferred; experience with viRecruit and LinkedIn is a plus
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office products, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
Who We Are
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is an AmLaw 100 law firm with eight offices nationwide. We are relentlessly committed to client service and look for candidates who share that commitment. At DWT, client service means having empathy for each client’s and each lawyer’s work and personal pressures, business objectives, and legal needs; anticipating their needs; and having the capabilities and commitment to deliver what matters most to them.
What’s in it For You?
DWT offers competitive compensation in addition to ample benefits including but not limited to:
- Choice of health and vision insurance plans
- 2 paid volunteer days for qualifying community service work
- Dental plan
- Fertility and adoption benefit
- Paid sabbatical after 13 years of service
- Tuition reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
- Retirement contribution
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to feel and reach with hands and arms and frequently required to sit, stand, walk and occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP believes that embracing diversity and inclusion brings out the best of what each individual has to offer and inspires us to build strong and lasting connections with each other, our clients, and our communities. We are committed to promoting a diverse workforce and inclusive environment where every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy to hire, promote, transfer, terminate, and make all employment-related decisions without regard to an employee’s sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), race, color, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, religious creed, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, military condition, military or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal laws.
Job Reference #: oax8ffwO