Junior Paralegal - Trademark
This is an exciting opportunity to work for one of the top law firms in the U.S.! Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is looking for a Junior Paralegal - Trademark to join our team in either Seattle, Portland, Los Angeles, San Francisco, New York, Washington D.C., or Anchorage office.
This position is responsible for providing paralegal support to attorneys who practice in the area of trademark law. This position requires an ability to work independently as well as in a team environment with attorneys and other staff members.
At Davis Wright Tremaine, you will find challenging assignments, opportunities for professional growth and community involvement, and a culture of inclusion. DWT fosters inclusiveness and authenticity. Regardless of position, everyone here has a voice and the support is unparalleled.
On a typical day you will:
- Monitor and assist with enforcement activities related to protected brands. Track deadlines and action items, and investigate possible trademark infringement
- Process, organize and maintain client materials, evidence and attorney work product in Relativity, Dropbox, etc. for circulation to team; assist with processing exhibits
- Collect evidence of use for prosecution, maintenance, and conflict matters
- Prepare and file trademark applications, responses to office actions, renewals, and statements of use
- Draft client correspondence, instruct and work with foreign counsel on trademark filings, office actions, renewals, and other prosecution and conflict matters
- Assist on trademark clearance searches, perform internet research projects and other special projects on an as-needed basis
- Other duties as assigned
Join us if you have:
- 2+ years of paralegal experience is strongly preferred
- Prior experience with trademark enforcement, trademark litigation, and/or trademark prosecution is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree and completion of paralegal program of study, or clear demonstration of equivalent knowledge and skill are strongly preferred
- Highly developed skills in time and task management
- Highly developed attention to detail and excellence in all firm’s work product and client service
- Post-college level writing and oral communication skills
- Advanced proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office computerized business applications (Word, Excel, and Outlook) for the creation and editing of complex documents, spreadsheets, and electronic mail
- Proficiency in the use of computerized legal research and document retention databases for performance of fact and legal research and effective management of complex evidence and case files is preferred
- Prior experience with docketing software is preferred
- Willingness and ability to work overtime if needed
Who We Are
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is an AmLaw 100 law firm with 10 offices nationwide. We are relentlessly committed to client service and look for candidates who share that commitment. At DWT, client service means having empathy for each client’s and each lawyer’s work and personal pressures, business objectives, and legal needs; anticipating their needs; and having the capabilities and commitment to deliver what matters most to them.
What’s in it For You?
DWT offers competitive compensation in addition to ample benefits including but not limited to:
- Choice of health and vision insurance plans
- 2 paid volunteer days for qualifying community service work
- Dental plan
- Fertility and adoption benefit
- Paid sabbatical after 13 years of service
- Tuition reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
- Retirement contribution
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) are part of the fabric of Davis Wright Tremaine-central to who we are and what we do. Our vision is to foster a culture where all talented individuals-including those from traditionally underrepresented populations-can have, and can see, a path to success. We are committed to fostering DEI because it makes our firm better, in every way. At DWT, every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy to hire, promote, transfer, terminate, and make all employment-related decisions without regard to an employee’s sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), race, color, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, religious creed, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, military condition, military or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal laws.
Davis Wright Tremaine provides reasonable accommodations for those who need them to complete the application or recruiting process and for employees who need reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their positions due to a disability or for religious reasons. If you need to request accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Reference #: oNhKjfwR