IT Tech Coach
This is an exciting opportunity to work for one of the top law firms in the U.S.! Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is looking for an Information Technology Coach to join our team in the Los Angeles office.
The IT Technology Coach provides a superior level of expertise around a multitude of applications and technology in use throughout the firm. This position provides expert-level, white-glove technical support and instruction to firm lawyers and staff and prioritizes understanding their needs and workflows to enhance efficiency and client service. Expert technical and customer service skills are paramount.
At Davis Wright Tremaine, you will find challenging assignments, opportunities for professional growth and community involvement, and a culture of inclusion. DWT fosters inclusiveness and authenticity. Regardless of position, everyone here has a voice and the support is unparalleled.
On a typical day you will:
- Provide personalized, white-glove support and coaching to DWT lawyers and staff on firm applications, mobile devices, and IT security best practices
- Become intimately familiar with business processes and firm applications to provide instruction, support, and advice to departments, practice groups and teams to improve efficiency
- Partner with teammates and other coworkers to identify and resolve problems and make improvements
- Keep professional skills current by taking relevant training and continuing education courses. Apply and share these skills back on the job to the betterment of the department and firm
- Maintain high quality standards within the team by supporting good practices and habits. Identify and encourage areas for growth and improvement within the team
- Assess opportunities for application and process improvement and prepare documentation of rationale to share with team members, leadership, and other affected parties
- Be committed to "seeing around the corner" and sharing these insights with the law and technology community. Identify and adopt technology solutions as they apply to legal practice
- Manage and triage incoming Service Desk tickets. Provide regular written or verbal follow-ups with users, maintain clearly written and comprehensive ticket work notes, and resolve tickets in a timely manner
- Maintain knowledge of hardware and software supported and how various departments, practice groups, and teams utilize them to support business processes
- Quickly provide Level II and Level III technical advice/support, installation/configuration, troubleshooting assistance, and problem resolution for PCs (both laptops and desktops), printers, applications, smartphones, mobile devices, telephones, remote access, and document transfers through all Service Desk support channels
- Document all support interactions and their resolutions in the incident tracking database
- Manage multiple tasks from initiation to closure in an organized fashion. This includes the setting of expectations, communication of progress and issues, identification and escalation of risks, and prioritization of tasks
- Provide Service Desk call center backup for the Information Technology (IT) Support Analyst team
- Seek opportunities to help attorneys and staff leverage our existing technologies within their workflow of delivering legal services to clients. Document the successes for the benefit of others
- Maintain awareness and adherence of security measures, policies, methods, and procedures that safeguard the integrity of and access to enterprise systems, files, and firm data. Promote a culture that promotes information security as an integral part of IT architecture and business processes
- Assist with determining and documenting the support impacts of new technology and planned software upgrades as requested
- Coordinate timely repair of hardware with outside vendors, monitor inventory levels, verify bills/invoices, and generate and maintain hardware and software inventories for the office
- Provide support for all audio/visual needs within the local office. Partner with Lead AV Specialist and colleagues in all offices to ensure meetings are setup on time and executed without issues. (Not applicable in Seattle.)
- Travel, provide after-hours support, and work non-business hours as necessary
- Assist with other special projects, tasks, and/or support as assigned
Join us if you have:
- 3+ years’ experience in a law firm providing direct hardware and software support
- 3+ years’ experience providing knowledge transfer and technical training preferred
- A+ Certification preferred
- GED/High School Diploma required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Expert understanding of desktop, laptop, mobile device, printer, various Windows OS, and Microsoft 365/Office Suite support and coaching.
- Superior troubleshooting, decision-making, follow-up, follow-through, and priority setting skills; demonstrated ability to practice good judgment
- Tenacious problem-solving skills with attention to detail and quality control
- Exceptional organizational, interpersonal, and customer service skills; ability to handle stressful situations in a calm, composed manner while maintaining focus on the objectives at hand
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn new technologies, to understand the value-added, and pass that knowledge on to others
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with all levels of a professional services organization are required. Must be able to communicate easily with stakeholders about their requirements, expectations, and risks within the context of a given effort
- Excellent interpersonal skills required. Must be a team player
Who We Are
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is an AmLaw 100 law firm with 11 offices nationwide. We are relentlessly committed to client service and look for candidates who share that commitment. At DWT, client service means having empathy for each client’s and each lawyer’s work and personal pressures, business objectives, and legal needs; anticipating their needs; and having the capabilities and commitment to deliver what matters most to them.
What’s in it For You?
DWT offers competitive compensation in addition to ample benefits including but not limited to:
- Choice of health and vision insurance plans
- 2 paid volunteer days for qualifying community service work
- Dental plan
- Fertility and adoption benefit
- Paid sabbatical after 13 years of service
- Tuition reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
- Retirement contribution
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.
The annualized salary range for this position in Los Angeles is $78,000 to $89,000. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience and other job-related factors permitted by law. Full time employees may be eligible for a bonus, health insurance with an optional HSA, long term disability, dental insurance, vision care, telemedicine and virtual short term solution based counseling services, life insurance, Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts, subsidized backup care and caregiving resources, 401(k), vacation, sick time, and an employee assistance program. Additional voluntary programs include: voluntary accident insurance, voluntary life, voluntary disability, voluntary long term care, and pet insurance. Commuter and Transit programs are also available.
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP embraces diversity, equity and inclusion. It brings out the best of what each individual has to offer and inspires us to build strong and lasting connections with each other, our clients, and our communities.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are part of the fabric of Davis Wright Tremaine-central to who we are and what we do. Our vision is to foster a culture where all talented individuals-including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the legal profession-can have, and can see, a path to success. In order to support this vision, we request that you voluntarily provide the following demographic data. All self-reported demographic information is stored securely in a manner that is compliant with DWT’s privacy and security policies and is only accessible by authorized members of the Talent Acquisition and HR Departments; it is not shared with any of the hiring decision-makers.
Davis Wright Tremaine provides reasonable accommodations for those who need them to complete the application or recruiting process and for employees who need reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their positions due to a disability or for religious reasons. If you need to request accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.