IT Tech Coach
The IT Technology Coach provides a superior level of expertise around a multitude of applications and technology in use throughout the firm. This position provides expert-level, white-glove technical support and instruction to firm lawyers and staff and prioritizes understanding their needs and workflows to enhance efficiency and client service. Expert technical and customer service skills are paramount.
We value entrepreneurial self-starters who bring innovative solutions to the table. If you have stellar communication skills and the ambition to learn, we want to talk to you.
At Davis Wright Tremaine, you will find challenging assignments, opportunities for professional growth and community involvement, and a culture of inclusion. DWT fosters inclusiveness and authenticity. Regardless of position, everyone here has a voice and the support is unparalleled.
On a typical day, you will:
- Provide personalized, white-glove support and coaching to DWT lawyers and staff on firm applications, mobile devices, and IT security best practices
- Become intimately familiar with business processes and firm applications to provide instruction, support, and advice to departments, practice groups and teams to improve efficiency
- Partner with teammates and other coworkers to identify and resolve problems and make improvements
- Keep professional skills current by taking relevant training and continuing education courses. Apply and share these skills back on the job to the betterment of the department and firm
- Maintain high quality standards within the team by supporting good practices and habits. Identify and encourage areas for growth and improvement within the team
- Assess opportunities for application and process improvement and prepare documentation of rationale to share with team members, leadership, and other affected parties
- Be committed to "seeing around the corner" and sharing these insights with the law and technology community. Identify and adopt technology solutions as they apply to legal practice
- Manage and triage incoming Service Desk tickets. Provide regular written or verbal follow-ups with users, maintain clearly written and comprehensive ticket work notes, and resolve tickets in a timely manner
- Maintain knowledge of hardware and software supported and how various departments, practice groups, and teams utilize them to support business processes
- Quickly provide Level II and Level III technical advice/support, installation/configuration, troubleshooting assistance, and problem resolution for PCs (both laptops and desktops), printers, applications, smartphones, mobile devices, telephones, remote access, and document transfers through all Service Desk support channels
- Document all support interactions and their resolutions in the incident tracking database
- Manage multiple tasks from initiation to closure in an organized fashion. This includes the setting of expectations, communication of progress and issues, identification and escalation of risks, and prioritization of tasks
- Provide Service Desk call center backup for the Information Technology (IT) Support Analyst team
- Seek opportunities to help attorneys and staff leverage our existing technologies within their workflow of delivering legal services to clients. Document the successes for the benefit of others
- Maintain awareness and adherence of security measures, policies, methods, and procedures that safeguard the integrity of and access to enterprise systems, files, and firm data. Promote a culture that promotes information security as an integral part of IT architecture and business processes
- Assist with determining and documenting the support impacts of new technology and planned software upgrades as requested
- Coordinate timely repair of hardware with outside vendors, monitor inventory levels, verify bills/invoices, and generate and maintain hardware and software inventories for the office
- Provide support for all audio/visual needs within the local office. Partner with Lead AV Specialist and colleagues in all offices to ensure meetings are setup on time and executed without issues. (Not applicable in Seattle.)
- Travel, provide after-hours support, and work non-business hours as necessary
- Assist with other special projects, tasks, and/or support as assigned
- 3+ years’ experience in a law firm providing direct hardware and software support with experience providing knowledge transfer and technical training is helpful, but we are open to from non-traditional backgrounds who have transferrable skills to succeed.
- A+ Certification preferred
- Expert understanding of desktop, laptop, mobile device, printer, various Windows OS, and Microsoft 365/Office Suite support and coaching.
- Superior troubleshooting, decision-making, follow-up, follow-through, and priority setting skills; demonstrated ability to practice good judgment
- Tenacious problem-solving skills with attention to detail and quality control
- Exceptional organizational, interpersonal, and customer service skills; ability to handle stressful situations in a calm, composed manner while maintaining focus on the objectives at hand
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn new technologies, to understand the value-added, and pass that knowledge on to others
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with all levels of a professional services organization are required. Must be able to communicate easily with stakeholders about their requirements, expectations, and risks within the context of a given effort
- Excellent interpersonal skills required. Must be a team player
Who We Are
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is an AmLaw 100 law firm with eight offices nationwide. We are relentlessly committed to client service and look for candidates who share that commitment. At DWT, client service means having empathy for each client’s and each lawyer’s work and personal pressures, business objectives, and legal needs; anticipating their needs; and having the capabilities and commitment to deliver what matters most to them.
What’s in it For You?
DWT offers competitive compensation in addition to ample benefits including but not limited to:
- Choice of health and vision insurance plans
- 2 paid volunteer days for qualifying community service work
- Dental plan
- Fertility and adoption benefit
- Paid sabbatical after 13 years of service
- Tuition reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
- Retirement contribution
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to feel and reach with hands and arms and frequently required to sit, stand, walk and occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP believes that embracing diversity and inclusion brings out the best of what each individual has to offer and inspires us to build strong and lasting connections with each other, our clients, and our communities. We are committed to promoting a diverse workforce and inclusive environment where every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy to hire, promote, transfer, terminate, and make all employment-related decisions without regard to an employee’s sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), race, color, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, religious creed, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, military condition, military or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal laws.