IT Support Administrator
This position is responsible for quickly resolving end-user issues; providing technical support and troubleshooting assistance; installing software, setting up devices; supplying exceptional A/V support to the local office; and providing floor support to attorneys and staff. This position is also responsible for providing advanced application support to practice groups, departments and teams. Superior technical and customer service skills are paramount. This position will need to sit in our Washington D.C. office.
The ideal candidate must extensive experience providing direct hardware and software support and AV experience. Prior law firm experience is a must.
On a typical day you could do any of the following:
- Partner with teammates and other coworkers to identify and resolve issues and problems, and make improvements
- Become intimately familiar with assigned applications or products to support departments, practice groups or teams to understand, support, and advise business processes
- Keep professional skills current by taking relevant training, continuing education courses, and conferences. Apply and share these skills back on the job to the betterment of the department and firm
- Be a critical thinker; think things through before asking someone else and use the resources available to find information and seek answers
- Maintain high quality standards within the team by supporting good practices and habits. Identify and encourage areas for growth and improvement within the team
- Assess opportunities for application and process improvement and prepare documentation of rationale to share with team members, leadership, and other affected parties
Join us if you have:
- Prior law firm experience
- 3+ years’ experience in providing direct hardware and software support
- 2+ years’ experience in providing AV support
- A+ Certification (preferred!)
- Experience troubleshooting and support skills for desktops, laptops, mobile devices, printers, various Windows OS, and Microsoft Office Suite applications
- Experience providing remote access support
- Microsoft 365 and Mac OSX experience (a plus!)
- iOS and Android experience (a plus!)
- Training experience, either one-on-one or classroom (a plus!)
- Understanding of large networked environments (both LAN and WAN)
- Exceptional customer service and troubleshooting skills, problem solving, and follow-up skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both in-person and over the phone
- Demonstrated ability to handle stressful situations in a calm, composed manner
- Strong attention to detail and quality control
- Ability to quickly assess a situation and adjust approach to fit
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn and support new technologies.
- Tenacious problem solving skills
- Comfortable working independently, with minimum supervision
Who We Are
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is an AmLaw 100 law firm with eight offices nationwide. We are relentlessly committed to client service and look for candidates who share that commitment. At DWT, client service means having empathy for each client’s and each lawyer’s work and personal pressures, business objectives, and legal needs; anticipating their needs; and having the capabilities and commitment to deliver what matters most to them.
What’s in it For You?
DWT offers competitive compensation in addition to ample benefits including but not limited to:
- Choice of health and vision insurance plans
- 2 paid volunteer days for qualifying community service work
- Dental plan
- Fertility and adoption benefit
- Paid sabbatical after 13 years of service
- Tuition reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
- Retirement contribution
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to feel and reach with hands and arms and frequently required to sit, stand, walk and occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP believes that embracing diversity and inclusion brings out the best of what each individual has to offer and inspires us to build strong and lasting connections with each other, our clients, and our communities. We are committed to promoting a diverse workforce and inclusive environment where every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy to hire, promote, transfer, terminate, and make all employment-related decisions without regard to an employee’s sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), race, color, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, religious creed, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, military condition, military or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal laws.