IT Project Manager
As a key member of the firm’s IT team, the Project Manager’s primary role is to effectively manage all aspects of projects, both internal and external to the IT department, with the goal of understanding the client’s business requirements and business process management, and then translating them to particular software requirements
Initiatives will span a broad range of areas including knowledge management, human resources, software development and/or deployment and business applications. Assist with project intake and tracking of the department’s projects for the project management office.
If you are self-driven with a demonstrated ability to quickly learn new technologies, able to balance multiple priorities & deadlines with ease, and have exceptional organizational, interpersonal, and client service skills; we want to talk to you!
Core Responsibilities for the IT Project Manager:
- Partner with teammates and other coworkers to identify and resolve issues and problems, and make improvements
- Keep your professional skills current by taking relevant training and continuing education courses. Apply and share these skills back on the job to the betterment of the department and firm
- Be a critical thinker; think things through and use the resources available to you to find information and seek answers
- Assess opportunities for application and process improvement and prepare documentation of rationale to share with team members, leadership, and project members
- Maintain high quality standards within the team by supporting good practices and habits.
- Assist the Director of the Project Management Office (PMO) in maintaining IT Project Dashboard, templates to keep repositories up to date
Join us if you have:
- 3+ years of:
- Project management experience, including all elements of scope, time, cost, risk, quality and communications
- Proven ability to establish collaborative relationships with business leaders and lead cross functional teams and can define project objectives, scope and resources and lead project efforts to completion
- Experience requirements gathering and analysis
- Experience managing multiple, complex mid-sized projects
- MS Office: Skilled proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook required
- MS Office: Skilled proficiency in MS Project, MS Visio or other process mapping software preferred
- Previous IT project management or business analyst experience preferred
- Knowledge of Lean and Six Sigma preferred
- Knowledge of both Waterfall and Agile project management preferred
- Previous experience in a law firm or professional services organization, supporting a multi-office environment, a plus
A Bachelor’s degree is helpful, but we are open to candidates from non-traditional backgrounds who have equivalent experience
Who We Are
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is an AmLaw 100 law firm with eight offices nationwide. We are relentlessly committed to client service and look for candidates who share that commitment. At DWT, client service means having empathy for each client’s and each lawyer’s work and personal pressures, business objectives, and legal needs; anticipating their needs; and having the capabilities and commitment to deliver what matters most to them.
What’s in it For You?
DWT offers competitive compensation in addition to ample benefits including but not limited to:
- Choice of health and vision insurance plans
- 2 paid volunteer days for qualifying community service work
- Dental plan
- Fertility and adoption benefit
- Paid sabbatical after 13 years of service
- Tuition reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
- Retirement contribution
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to feel and reach with hands and arms and frequently required to sit, stand, walk and occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP believes that embracing diversity and inclusion brings out the best of what each individual has to offer and inspires us to build strong and lasting connections with each other, our clients, and our communities. We are committed to promoting a diverse workforce and inclusive environment where every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy to hire, promote, transfer, terminate, and make all employment-related decisions without regard to an employee’s sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), race, color, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, religious creed, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, military condition, military or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal laws.