IST Procurement Specialist
IST Procurement Specialist
This is an exciting opportunity to work for one of the top law firms in the U.S. Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is looking for an experienced procurement professional to join our team in Seattle. This position will support the IST Procurement Manager with equipment purchases; invoice processing, software license management, management of lease schedules and returns, vendor management, and budget preparation and monitoring. May be asked to conduct research on hardware or software needs to make recommendations to the senior management team.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- In partnership with IST Procurement Manager, manage the procurement function and oversee all aspects of purchasing IT hardware, software and services.
- Work with appropriate IST personnel to evaluate end user needs and establish user equipment standards.
- Assist in preparation of the annual capital and operating budgets. Closely monitor budget and proactively alert directors to budget variances. Research explanations for budget variances.
- Create and maintain budget reports at the direction of the senior management team.
- Negotiate favorable contractual terms and conditions with suppliers for IT hardware, software and service.
- Deliver on cost reduction commitments through the identification, development and execution of strategic sourcing initiatives.
- Participate in project meetings as needed to identify and manage any procurement needs related to IST initiatives.
- Responsible for coding and processing invoices for hardware, software and services. Handles any discrepancies or questions directly with the vendor.
- Keep information accessible by documenting purchases, assets, invoices and contracts.
- Maintain positive relationships with a variety of vendors. Periodically conduct research to ensure that the firm is getting the best price available on its purchases.
- Maintain vendor contract files and establish tickler system for renewals, etc.
- Conduct research and handle other special projects/assignments as requested.
- Demonstrate initiative and a sense of ownership for assigned duties.
- 3+ years’ experience in the acquisition of IT hardware, software, and services required.
- 3+ years of progressively responsible administrative experience required, preferably in a law firm or professional services organization.
- Proficiency in the most current versions of Windows and Microsoft Office Suite applications required; expert level experience with Excel (for purposes of financial reporting) required.
- Demonstrated experience creating and maintaining vendor relationships.
- High degree of organizational skills with close attention to detail, decision-making, follow-up, follow-through, and priority setting skills required. Must maintain a high level of confidentiality and demonstrate ability to practice good, sound judgment.
- Self-starter with demonstrated ability to achieve results.
- Strong negotiation skills with emphasis in IT categories.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in fast paced environment.
- Excellent proofreading, grammatical and spelling abilities required.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with attorneys, staff and outside professional contacts required.
- Exceptional customer service skills required. Ability to handle stressful situations in a calm, composed manner is required.
- Must be flexible and able to handle multiple assignments as well as adjust to shifting priorities, providing support to several team members simultaneously.