Infrastructure Engineer I
This is an exciting opportunity to work for one of the top law firms in the U.S.! Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is looking for a Infrastructure Engineer I to join our team in either Seattle, Bellevue, Portland, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago, Anchorage, New York, or Washington D.C office.
This position is responsible for supporting the stable operation of the in-house computing infrastructure in a team environment. This individual uses a highly developed technical skill set to design, implement, and operate core infrastructure, develop processes and procedures, and take a lead key role in the implementation of systems projects and platforms in a diverse and dynamic technical environment.
At Davis Wright Tremaine, you will find challenging assignments, opportunities for professional growth and community involvement, and a culture of inclusion. DWT fosters inclusiveness and authenticity. Regardless of position, everyone here has a voice and the support is unparalleled.
On a typical day you will:
- Manage identity service provisioning, auditing and ongoing access requirements for on-premises and hybrid/cloud endpoint, data and application access.
- Manage the firm's integrated e-mail systems to provision, manage and troubleshoot firm e-mail communications internally and externally including the e-mail policies built around that communication.
- Evaluate systems infrastructure needs of the firm. Make hardware, software, and vendor recommendations. Take part in product evaluations, planning and implementation of systems, applications, and services
- Take part in setting system and platform roadmaps
- Facilitate and oversee vendor’s services and monitor performance of systems and platforms as required to ensure maximum system availability and reliability
- Maintain guidelines, procedures, documentation and associated training plans for infrastructure administration and appropriate use
- Available to respond 24/7 for the outage or degradation of critical infrastructure services
- Assist other Information Technology teams to coordinate, develop and recommend the design of functionally centralized and distributed information systems to meet the needs of the firm
- Execute programs for continual measurement of the firm’s information systems performance and effectiveness. Evaluate reports to identify and correct deficiencies and irregular operations
- Recommend hardware/software or corrective action as needed to assure performance requirements for continuity of service, system response time, security, reporting, backup and recovery are met
- Pursue a formal and informal program of continuing education to keep informed of new developments and sharpen skills to ensure that the firm is taking optimal advantage of existing and new technologies
- Recommend and maintain standards and procedures to support the needs of the firm
- Participate in overall systems administration, maintenance and standards implementation
- Assist in the preparation of annual IT budget and meet annual budget targets
- Follow documented processes for change control and patch management
- Other duties as assigned
- Travel, if necessary
Join us if you have:
- BS/BA in Information Technology, Engineering, Communications or equivalent experience required
- Experience with the following technologies highly preferred:
- Active Directory/Azure Active Directory administration
- Exchange/Exchange Online administration
- Mimecast administration
- Varonis data classification and analysis
- Windows Server optimization and management
- VMware vCenter/vSphere administration
- HPE server hardware
- Virtualization optimized SAN environments (e.g., Nimble)
- 3+ years’ experience operating and maintaining large network environments. WAN, SAN, Exchange and/or VMWare experience strongly preferred
- 3+ years’ experience with various types of server hardware required
- Experience supporting mobile computing preferred
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with all levels of a professional services organization, including interpersonal skills, are required
- Strong customer service, analysis, troubleshooting and problem solving skills are required
- Ability to explain technical concepts to a non-technical audience; experience working with customers and staff possessing a wide range of technical expertise is required
- Ability to handle stressful situations in a calm, composed manner required
- A strong attention to detail and quality control required
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies quickly and independently required
- Must be a team player and have ability to work independently, with minimal supervision is required
- Previous experience in a law firm or professional services organization, supporting a multi-office environment, preferred
Who We Are
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is an AmLaw 100 law firm with 10 offices nationwide. We are relentlessly committed to client service and look for candidates who share that commitment. At DWT, client service means having empathy for each client’s and each lawyer’s work and personal pressures, business objectives, and legal needs; anticipating their needs; and having the capabilities and commitment to deliver what matters most to them.
What’s in it For You?
DWT offers competitive compensation in addition to ample benefits including but not limited to:
- Choice of health and vision insurance plans
- 2 paid volunteer days for qualifying community service work
- Dental plan
- Fertility and adoption benefit
- Paid sabbatical after 13 years of service
- Tuition reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
- Retirement contribution
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) are part of the fabric of Davis Wright Tremaine-central to who we are and what we do. Our vision is to foster a culture where all talented individuals-including those from traditionally underrepresented populations-can have, and can see, a path to success. We are committed to fostering DEI because it makes our firm better, in every way. At DWT, every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy to hire, promote, transfer, terminate, and make all employment-related decisions without regard to an employee’s sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), race, color, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, religious creed, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, military condition, military or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal laws.
Davis Wright Tremaine provides reasonable accommodations for those who need them to complete the application or recruiting process and for employees who need reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their positions due to a disability or for religious reasons. If you need to request accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Reference #: o74ckfwr