Information Technology Procurement Manager
This is an exciting opportunity to work for one of the top law firms in the U.S.! Davis Wright Tremaine is looking for an experienced Information Technology Procurement Manager to join our team in Seattle.
This position contributes to firm success by playing a central role in managing all functions associated with IT procurement, vendor management, budget preparation and monitoring. This position will manage the Information Technology (IT) procurement staff.
At Davis Wright Tremaine, you will find challenging assignments, opportunities for professional growth and community involvement, and a culture of inclusion. DWT fosters inclusiveness and authenticity. Regardless of position, everyone here has a voice and the support is unparalleled.
On a typical day you will be responsible for:
- Keep the Director of the Project Management Office & Procurement up-to-date on progress of all projects and issues
- Perform special projects, tasks and or support as requested by the Director
- Perform special projects and research as requested including past/present balances, unbilled/billed fee statuses, bill revisions and production
- Keep employees up to date on the nature and status of departmental and firm objectives and priorities
- Develop, empower employees to provide constructive feedback, take ownership of their areas of responsibility, and share their expertise with the team
- Provide mentorship through coaching, goal setting and managing work priorities to meet department demands
- Identify efficient procedures for IT procurement staff to report and seek approval for upcoming renewals, contract negotiations and transactional adjustments. Manage the areas of responsibility for the procurement team to ensure timely response for invoice processing, contract renewals, equipment purchases, software license management, management of lease schedules and returns. Manage the procurement team’s coding and processing of invoices for hardware, software and services and their handling of any discrepancies or questions directly with the vendor
- Develop the team’s ability to work independently through established processes
- Manage time and attendance, semi-annual check-ins with IT procurement staff and support performance to reach goals
- Balance workload within the team by ensuring employees are taking on responsibilities appropriately, and ensuring the right people are in the correct roles.
- Recommend annual salary and bonus considerations
- learn new technologies quickly and independently
- Develop automated systems in collaboration with the Director, IT staff and selected vendor
- Collaborate with the Director in establishing, documenting and maintaining IT procurement policies and procedures
- Identify, propose and implement process improvements to increase efficiency and accuracy
- Assist in preparation of the annual capital and operating budgets. Closely monitor budget and proactively alert directors to budget variances. Research explanations for budget variances
- Create and maintain budget reports at the direction of the senior management team
- Negotiate favorable contractual terms and conditions with suppliers for IT hardware, software and service
- Deliver on cost reduction commitments through the identification, development and execution of strategic sourcing initiatives and/or negotiation of existing commitments for favorable terms
- Keep information accessible by documenting purchases, assets, invoices and contracts
- Maintain positive relationships with DWT attorneys, General Counsel’s office, firm administrative departments and practice groups on contract intake and review requests.
- Periodically conduct research to ensure that the firm is getting the best price available on its purchases
- Conduct research and handle other special projects/assignments as requested
- Demonstrate initiative and a sense of ownership for assigned duties
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality. Adhere to schedule by being timely on breaks, lunches and meetings
- Participate in project meetings as needed to identify and manage any procurement needs related to IT initiatives
- Maintain excellent vendor relationships and keep vendor contract files up to date and establish system for renewals, etc.
- Work with Senior Management and Security teams to develop procedures for vendor onboarding, Contract Review, Procurement. Continuously work to improve procedures in each of these areas
Join us if you have:
- 5+ years’ experience in the acquisition of IT hardware, software, and services
- 5+ years of progressively responsible administrative experience required, preferably in a law firm of professional services organization supporting multi-office environment
- Demonstrated experience creating and maintaining vendor relationships
- Ability to establish effective working relationships throughout operational groups and practice groups
- Self-starter with demonstrated ability to achieve results
- Strong negotiation skills with emphasis in IT categories
- Proficiency in the most current versions of Windows and Microsoft Office Suite applications required; expert level experience with Excel (for purposes of financial reporting)
- Excellent proofreading, grammatical, and spelling abilities
- High degree of organizational skills with close attention to detail, quality control, decision-making, follow-up, follow-through, and priority setting skills required. Must maintain a high level of confidentiality and demonstrate ability to practice good, sound judgment
- Ability to execute assignments in a timely manner with minimal direction and contribute as a team member
- Exceptional customer service, problem solving and communication skills, both verbal and written, with all levels of a professional services organization, including interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle stressful situations in a calm, composed manner
- Must be flexible and able to handle multiple assignments as well as adjust to shifting priorities, providing support to several team members simultaneously in fast paced environment. Open to change and working with exceptions
- Demonstrated ability to successfully supervise a team and provide training, coaching, mentoring and handle performance management situations
- Ability to work independently
- Demonstrated interest in and aptitude for learning computer applications, preferred
Who We Are
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is an AmLaw 100 law firm with eight offices nationwide. We are relentlessly committed to client service and look for candidates who share that commitment. At DWT, client service means having empathy for each client’s and each lawyer’s work and personal pressures, business objectives, and legal needs; anticipating their needs; and having the capabilities and commitment to deliver what matters most to them.
What’s in it For You?
DWT offers competitive compensation in addition to ample benefits including but not limited to:
- Choice of health and vision insurance plans
- 2 paid volunteer days for qualifying community service work
- Dental plan
- Fertility and adoption benefit
- Paid sabbatical after 13 years of service
- Tuition reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
- Retirement contribution
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to feel and reach with hands and arms and frequently required to sit, stand, walk and occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP embraces diversity and inclusion. It brings out the best of what each individual has to offer and inspires us to build strong and lasting connections with each other, our clients, and our communities. We are committed to promoting a diverse workforce and inclusive environment where every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy to hire, promote, transfer, terminate, and make all employment-related decisions without regard to an employee’s sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), race, color, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, religious creed, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, military condition, military or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal laws.