Information Governance Analyst
This is an exciting opportunity to work for one of the top law firms in the U.S.! Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is looking for an Information Governance Analyst to join our team in our Seattle office.
This position is responsible for implementing the Firm’s strategic plan relating to the effective management of client information. This plan involves a portfolio of initiatives which include but are not limited to the organization of outbound and inbound information and the efficient application of established retention practices in accordance with Firm policy. The Analyst is expected to perform all duties with a commitment to superior service, quality work product and an atmosphere of teamwork and continuous improvement consistent with the Firm’s visions and values.
At Davis Wright Tremaine, you will find challenging assignments, opportunities for professional growth and community involvement, and a culture of inclusion and innovation.
In this role, you will:
- Evaluate and review current information governance processes in order to develop standardized practices across the Firm, consistent with appropriate regional needs and requirements, to improve efficiency and adherence to Firm data management practices
- Develop best practices for records information management (RIM), electronically stored information (ESI) and information governance (IG) operations, including providing input on the use of technology solutions including workflows, integrations and analytics
- Work with Information Technology (IT), Records and legal professionals to create, organize and document the processes with which data is collected, shared, utilized, protected, cleaned and stored, while enhancing efficiency and preventing inaccurate data handling and data corruption
- Manage electronic record transfer process, update appropriate tracking system information, seek approval, and prepare communications for the release of client and departing attorney files pursuant to Firm policy. Assist in preparing and archiving requests, inventory and release-approvals
- Provide Firm-wide support and guidance for maintaining, updating and administration of email archiving permissions for records retention purposes, consistent with records management and IT guidelines
- Understand all aspects of the Firm’s information management and governance policies, schedules and goals. Articulate related obligations to staff and attorneys
- 3+ years’ experience of information management (including electronic data), in a law firm and/or Information Governance Professional certification
- Bachelor degree or higher in Business Management, Information Science or related field, preferred
- Experience with records management software, such as File Trail and/or Intapp security products or Net Documents document management systems, accounting systems and archival software solutions preferred
- Substantial familiarity with Microsoft Office products, SQL databases and SharePoint
- Expertise with Microsoft SQL Reporting Services, Power BI and Tableau is a plus
- Significant records and data management experience, preferably in a law firm environment
- Knowledge and experience working with structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data
- Dependable team player, able to follow written and oral instructions, with excellent judgement about when escalation is necessary or appropriate
- Ability to identify and analyze complex data-related issues to recommend solutions
- Excellent organizational skills including record keeping, data collection, and system information
- Superior time management skills, including the ability to set priorities, flex with changes in requirements and meet deadlines
- Ability to handle pressure in a constructive and positive manner and contribute to creative resolution of problems as they arise
- Demonstrated initiative, commitment to professional growth for self and others
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to feel and reach with hands and arms and frequently required to sit, stand, walk and occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP believes that embracing diversity and inclusion brings out the best of what each individual has to offer and inspires us to build strong and lasting connections with each other, our clients, and our communities. We are committed to promoting a diverse workforce and inclusive environment where every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy to hire, promote, transfer, terminate, and make all employment-related decisions without regard to an employee’s sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), race, color, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, religious creed, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, military condition, military or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal laws.