IDS (Information Disclosure Statement) Specialist
This is an exciting opportunity to work for one of the top law firms in the U.S. Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is looking for a dedicated IP professional, to join our team in Seattle. This position is responsible for preparing and filing patent disclosure, and will involve some billable hours work.
DWT is a full service law firm with more than 500 attorneys located in offices across the United States including Seattle, Washington; Bellevue, Washington; Portland, Oregon; Anchorage, Alaska; San Francisco, California; Los Angeles, California; New York City, New York; and Washington D.C.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Update and maintain database of prior art references.
- Locate and electronically save copy of patents (United States and Foreign) and non-patent literature.
- Prepare and file information disclosure statements with USPTO.
- Prepare disclosure listings for filing in foreign jurisdictions.
- Provide assistance to patent paralegal, attorneys and staff for other prosecution-related work as needed.
- Accurately and completely record billable time spent and tasks performed in accordance with firm policy and client-imposed billing protocol, enter and release time promptly in compliance with firm's announced deadlines.
- 1+ years’ experience as a patent legal secretary, IDS specialist, or other patent prosecution support position preferred.
- Strong skills in word processing and computer use: ability to type 40+ wpm with high accuracy; proficiency in MS Office Products (Word, Outlook, Excel) and Adobe Acrobat required; some knowledge of time keeping programs, NetDocuments preferred; ability to perform internet research.
- High degree of attention to detail required.
- Experience with creating and maintaining spreadsheets and/or databases required.
- Experience with IPDAS preferred.
- Experience with electronic filings via the USPTO website preferred.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written; ability to work in a team-oriented, service focused environment and to handle stressful situations in a calm, composed manner.
- Ability to prioritize tasks on a desk and to handle multiple demands from multiple people.
- Ability to follow client confidentiality guidelines.
- Willingness to work extended or flexible hours in urgent situations preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.