This is an exciting opportunity to work for one of the top law firms in the U.S.! Davis Wright Tremaine is looking for a HR Coordinator to join our group in Seattle.
This position is responsible for providing administrative support to the Human Resources Department, including general HR responsibilities and benefits administration.
At Davis Wright Tremaine, you will find challenging assignments, opportunities for professional growth and community involvement, and a culture of inclusion and innovation.
IN THIS POSITION, YOU WILL:
- Provide timely, accurate administrative support for benefit plans to include creating and maintaining records in the HRIS, paper files and enrolling employees in the appropriate benefit plans
- Track benefit eligibility and participation compliance with the Affordable Care Act (ACA)
- Create termination packages with COBRA, retirement plan and other materials
- Process COBRA premiums
- Conduct monthly and annual benefit census reports
- Maintain data and files for various benefits plans
- Provide benefit information to new hires
- Respond to attorney and staff inquiries regarding individual benefits information
- Respond to benefit report requests
HR General Support
- Support HR team with ongoing maintenance of the HRIS database, including onboarding and off-boarding of employees, various personnel changes, and respond to regular and adhoc reporting requests
- Handle the uploading and tracking of employee information and documents in HRIS database and document management system (NetDocs)
- Assist with maintenance, tracking, and auditing of I-9 forms
- Assistance with maintenance of HR portal webpage
- Reconcile HR expenses in expense management system
- Respond to employment verifications
- Process staff anniversary letters
- Assist with other HR projects and assignments as necessary
JOIN US IF YOU HAVE:
- 2+ years’ experience providing administrative support required; experience in a law firm, agency or professional services organization a plus
- Prior benefits administration experience required
- Prior experience with an HRIS database preferred
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written, with all levels of a professional services organization are required
- Exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills to respond to a diverse user group required
- Ability to maintain professional discretion when dealing with highly sensitive, confidential information required
- Ability to handle stressful situations in a calm, composed manner is required
- Demonstrated strong attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and work well in an environment with constant changes is required
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office products (including Word, Excel, Outlook) and Adobe Acrobat
- Ability to analyze data, anticipate questions, and think critically will be necessary
- Ability to take initiative in a fast-paced environment and work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently while also working as a strong team player; exhibit commitment to results; solutions oriented mindset; superior organizational skills and ability to prioritize work to timely completion; demonstrated experience with data management software is required
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to feel and reach with hands and arms and frequently required to sit, stand, walk and occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP believes that embracing diversity and inclusion brings out the best of what each individual has to offer and inspires us to build strong and lasting connections with each other, our clients, and our communities. We are committed to promoting a diverse workforce and inclusive environment where every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy to hire, promote, transfer, terminate, and make all employment-related decisions without regard to an employee’s sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), race, color, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, religious creed, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, military condition, military or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal laws.