This is an excellent opportunity for someone to work for one of the top law firms in the U.S. Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is looking for an enthusiastic customer- service professional to join the Washington D.C. office. DWT is a full service law firm with more than 500 attorneys practicing in offices across the United States and China. Headquartered in Seattle and with offices in Bellevue, Portland, Anchorage, San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York, Washington D.C., and Shanghai; we serve clients with local, regional, national, and international interests.
This position is responsible for the setup and clean up associated with meetings and events in the Washington, DC office. This position is also responsible for daily morning front desk coverage and primary backup support to reception. Customer service is key; you must have an ability and enthusiasm to work independently as well as in a team environment with attorneys and other staff members. Normal hours for this position are 7:00 am - 3:30 pm, Monday through Friday. Some overtime may be required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide food and beverage service to all conference rooms, meeting rooms and other event locations (off-site) as necessary.
- Setup and clean-up of specific office functions such as internal meetings, social hours/mixers, and other events.
- Maintain all coffee stations, conference rooms, reception area, kitchens and pantries and other general common areas within the office.
- Maintain visitor office spaces daily to ensure they are clean, stocked with normal supplies and prepared for visitor use; assist with prepping identified spaces as needed for unscheduled DWT guests.
- Maintain inventory of social events closet; in coordination with the Office Administrative Coordinator, order and stock supplies for events as needed.
- Provide morning reception coverage (8:30 - 10:30) and backup reception coverage as needed, which includes answering phones and serving as concierge, greeting and assisting clients and visitors; in coordination with the reception team, maintain reception calendars for multiple conference rooms and visitor offices.
- Triage hospitality requests from attorneys, staff and clients to accommodate needs.
- Provide assistance, as requested, to the local Administrative Team; manage monthly parking passes for Washington, DC office partners.
- Perform other duties and assist with special projects as requested and assigned.
- 1+ years’ experience in an office environment providing support, facilities or reception services; hospitality experience is a plus.
- Ability to understand and follow directions, manage multiple priorities and respond to requests with minimal supervision.
- Good manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination.
- Excellent customer service skills as well as the ability to handle stressful time-sensitive situations, including last minute requests in a calm, comprised manner.
- Strong time management skills.
- Ability to use a multi-line telephone system.
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Word and Outlook; familiarity with Resource Scheduler or other room reservation software is a plus.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and be highly organized and accurate.
- Ability to learn a variety of tasks and routines quickly; ability to be flexible regarding specific daily assignments.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to maintain effective working relationships and communicate both orally and in writing in a professional, courteous manner with clients, firm members, and other business contacts.
- Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented, service environment.
- Flexibility to work overtime as needed.
- High school diploma or GED Certification required.