Hospitality Coordinator - Reception
This is an exciting opportunity to work for one of the top law firms in the U.S.! Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is looking for a Hospitality Coordinator to join our team in Portland.
This position is responsible for providing coverage as needed in the conference center and reception areas. Duties include (but are not limited to) answering phones, setting up for meetings, making deliveries, and providing lunchroom and coffee station support. This position requires an ability to work independently as well as in a team environment with attorneys and other staff members. The hours for this position are 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. for front desk coverage and 9:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. for conference center and backup front desk coverage.
At Davis Wright Tremaine, you will find challenging assignments, opportunities for professional growth and community involvement, and a culture of inclusion and innovation.
In this role, you will:
- Perform opening and/or closing duties as assigned.
- Greet and direct visitors to the office in person or over the phone.
- Receive, order and manage food and beverage orders/deliveries as needed for meetings and office internal and external events.
- Receive and manage the distribution of incoming and outgoing hand deliveries.
- Work with staff and attorneys to reserve conference/meeting rooms and visitor offices.
- Assist visitors with needs including copying, faxing, scanning, transportation, reservations,etc.
- Maintain intranet calendar for multiple conference rooms and using discretion when booking/coordinating room changes
- Coordinate conference and event space set-up and clean-up.
- Assist and staff client and office internal and external events as needed.
- Triage requests from attorneys, staff and clients to accommodate immediate needs.
- Maintain a clean and organized appearance of the conference center.
- Organize current periodicals on the tables, controlling conference center lighting, providing appropriate furniture setup for events, etc.
- Clean and restock conference rooms, collaboration rooms, bathrooms, coffee stations and lunchrooms.
- Maintain inventory, order and stock supplies for conference rooms, special events and lunchrooms.
- Plan, coordinate and execute on office/client internal and external events as well as assist with organizing and planning of special office events throughout year, including office holiday party and office summer picnic.
- Keep accurate records of attendance and expenses.
- Maintain a punctual schedule and regular attendance.
- Provide backup and overflow support to the office services staff as needed.
Join us if you have:
- Proficiency in using computer and standard office applications, such as fax machines,copiers, scanners and phones.
- Strong computer skills with a knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel;knowledge of all MS Office products strongly preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; dependable team player attitude; solid organizational skills; self-starter mindset; strong attention to detail; good judgment and decision making skills.
- The ability to work effectively in a team-oriented, service environment.
- The ability to learn and manage multiple projects simultaneously, and work under deadline pressures with minimal supervision; includes taking ownership of a problem associated with an assigned task and/or on behalf of the team when a business crisis occurs.
- The ability to identify and respond to customer/client issues/problems in a timely manner, and seek feedback/follow-up as appropriate.
- The ability to communicate clearly, effectively and professionally with lawyers,clients, staff, vendors, and other business contacts (both verbal and written format).
- Dress appropriate for client and attorney facing support, while maintaining a professional demeanor and neat appearance.
- The ability to communicate both orally and in writing in a professional, courteous manner with clients, firm colleagues, and other business contacts.
- High ability to effectively work independently as well as in a team and customer-service focused environment.
- The ability to understand and follow directions.
- Self-starter and seeks ongoing professional development.
- High school diploma or GED Certification; advanced education preferred.
- Ability to proficiently speak, read and write English.
- The ability to work extended hours or periodically change hours if needed.
- Flexibility to change work shifts temporarily to accommodate special coverage needs (e.g. come in early or work later when needed).
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit and stoop, kneel,crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP believes that embracing diversity and inclusion brings out the best of what each individual has to offer and inspires us to build strong and lasting connections with each other, our clients, and our communities.
We are committed to creating and cultivating a diverse workforce and inclusive environment where every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy to hire,promote, transfer, terminate, and make all employment-related decisions without regard to an employee’s sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), race, color, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender,gender identity, gender expression, national origin, religious creed, age,marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, military condition, military or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal laws.
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.