Endpoint Engineering Manager
Endpoint Engineering Manager
This is an exciting opportunity to work for one of the top law firms in the U.S. Davis Wright Tremaine has been named "Innovative Law Firm of the Year" for the past two years by members of the International Legal Technology Association (ILTA).
We are looking for a highly talented technical leader to join our team in Seattle. This position contributes to Firm success by playing a central role in managing the Endpoint Engineering team, including software and hardware release management, and mobile platforms. Top-level critical analysis and customer service skills are essential for this role. The responsibilities include working with the business and other teams to define desktop standards and solutions based on business and security requirements, defining technology roadmaps, prioritizing work efforts, and communicating standards to the business.
- Provide mentorship through coaching and help with setting and managing priorities.
- Foster and encourage inter- and intra-departmental communication and collaboration.
- Balance workload within and across teams by ensuring employees are taking on responsibilities appropriately, and ensuring the right people are in the right roles.
- Empower employees to provide constructive feedback, take ownership of their areas of responsibility, and share their expertise with the team.
- Work with teams to define desktop standards and solutions based on business and security requirements, defining technology roadmaps, prioritizing work efforts, and communicating standards to the business.
- Keep employees up-to-date on the nature and status of departmental and firm objectives and priorities.
- Provide leadership and direction to Endpoint Engineering team members, including establishing priorities, assigning tasks, monitoring progress, and reporting status.
- Manage staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs, complete bi-annual check-in process, and make recommendations regarding annual salary adjustments and bonus considerations.
- Interview and make hiring recommendations on new staff.
- Responsible for software and hardware release management and quality assurance for Workstation,
- Mobile and VDI environments.
- Identify and drive the remediation of systemic issues with Workstation, VDI and Mobile.
- Responsible for researching, evaluating and driving the implementation of new Workstation, VDI and mobile technologies.
- Manage patch management of Workstation, VDI and mobile platforms.
- Provide tracking and reporting on Workstation, VDI and mobile metrics and KPIs.
- Responsible for ensuring stable and performing Workstation, VDI and mobile environments.
- 5+ years successful experience managing engineering teams and processes; demonstrated ability to motivate and provide meaningful coaching and mentorship to provide top level service within an organization; college degree preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a team supporting a 24/7 customer base.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a team responsible for production systems; ability to resolve issues and requests both during and off business hours.
- Demonstrated experience with software and hardware release management.
- Demonstrated experience with desktop, Citrix and mobile operational support.
- Deep knowledge of Windows OS, SCCM, Citrix and mobile OS internals and technology.
- Experience with MS software stack including Office, Active Directory, scripting and automation.
- Demonstrated experience with user profile management.
- Demonstrated experience with MDM tools.
- Knowledge of AppSense technologies preferred.
- Deep understanding of desktop and mobile device lifecycle management.
- Ability to contribute to team growth through strong team interactions, be comfortable accepting feedback, positive and negative, and be driven by both time constraints and a personal commitment to quality.
- Strong customer interaction skills and ability to understand and document customer needs from a business solutions perspective required.
- Previous experience in a legal environment a plus.