Document Automation Specialist
This position works closely with attorneys and legal staff across the firm’s practices and draws upon their experience and knowledge of diverse matter types to support the use and adoption of Knowledge Management (KM) technologies, including new and emerging legal technologies such as automated document review and proofreading solutions, document automation, extranets, and transaction management solutions. This position will also work closely with members of the firm’s KM team to support, design and develop existing and new data tools that maximize the firm’s experience and matter data.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for knowledge-sharing, efficiency, and strives for excellence in their work. They will have the ability to easily pivot between being an individual contributor and team projects as well as display an eagerness to learn new tools.
We value entrepreneurial self-starters who bring innovative solutions to the table.
At Davis Wright Tremaine, you will find challenging assignments, opportunities for professional growth and community involvement, and a culture of inclusion. DWT fosters inclusiveness and authenticity. Regardless of position, everyone here has a voice and the support is unparalleled.
On a typical day this position will:
- Consult with and advise lawyers, legal staff and clients regarding the most effective use of technology across matter practices (e.g., options for closing workflows, automating tasks, the use of AI-enabled technologies)
- Engage in the testing, implementation, roll-out, adoption, use and maintenance of practice technologies, including Litera Desktop (Contract Companion, Litigation Companion, etc.), DocuSign, NetDocuments, Contract Express, HotDocs, and new technology platforms as introduced
- Participate in the evaluation, recommendation, and selection of new technologies
- Coordinate with system administrators and/or vendors to manage updates, upgrades and other system changes and enhancements
- Work with members of the KM Department to ensure that content in KM systems meets the needs of the firm
- Develop automated document templates and support ongoing implementation, roll-out, updating and use of automated templates in production
- Conduct KM systems orientation/training sessions for new legal personnel
- Troubleshoot and help triage KM technology system issues reported by users
Join us if you have:
- 3+ years of technology systems management and administration experience
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications – Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Experience with document automation software and document management systems administration/configuration; experience with NetDocuments a plus
- Experience with HotDocs and Thomson Reuters’ suite of tools, including Contract Express and HighQ a plus
- Familiarity with any of the following types of technologies is a plus:
- Collaboration platforms (such as SharePoint, HighQ, etc.); and/or
- Business Intelligence platforms (such as Tableau, MS Power BI, etc.); and/or
- Document Automation tools (such as HotDocs, Contract Express. Litera Desktop, etc.)
- Client-focused orientation that balances customer deference with quality control
- A passion for troubleshooting and reaching swift resolutions with technical issues
- Ability to methodically prioritize objectives and focus effort
- Understanding of typical transactional practice workflows and processes including due diligence review, matter/deal management, and closing process
- Experience in implementation of various legal technology solutions, including automation tools and AI-enabled contract review tools
- Ability to occasionally work extended hours on deadline-driven projects as needed
- Experience working with legal technology and/or within a large law firm preferred
Who We Are?
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is an AmLaw 100 law firm with eight offices nationwide. We are relentlessly committed to client service and look for candidates who share that commitment. At DWT, client service means having empathy for each client’s and each lawyer’s work and personal pressures, business objectives, and legal needs; anticipating their needs; and having the capabilities and commitment to deliver what matters most to them.
What’s in it For You?
DWT offers competitive compensation in addition to ample benefits including but not limited to:
- Choice of health and vision insurance plans
- 2 paid volunteer days for qualifying community service work
- Dental plan
- Fertility and adoption benefit
- Paid sabbatical after 13 years of service
- Tuition reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
- Retirement contribution
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to feel and reach with hands and arms and frequently required to sit, stand, walk and occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP believes that embracing diversity and inclusion brings out the best of what each individual has to offer and inspires us to build strong and lasting connections with each other, our clients, and our communities. We are committed to promoting a diverse workforce and inclusive environment where every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy to hire, promote, transfer, terminate, and make all employment-related decisions without regard to an employee’s sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), race, color, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, religious creed, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, military condition, military or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal laws.
Job Reference #: omYSffwb