Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion Growth Manager
The Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion Growth Manager works closely with the Chief Diversity & Inclusion Officer (CDIO), Director of Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion Operations (Director), diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) team, and the professional development (PD) team to help manage the execution of overall DEI strategy, particularly as it relates to planning, developing, implementing, and analyzing DEI efforts around growth with the vision of building a diverse pipeline of talent and ensuring our professionals—particularly those who are traditionally underrepresented—have equitable access to opportunities, information, and leadership
At Davis Wright Tremaine, you will find challenging assignments, opportunities for professional growth and community involvement, and a culture of inclusion. DWT fosters inclusiveness and authenticity. Regardless of position, everyone here has a voice and the support is unparalleled.
On a typical day you will:
- Assist the CDIO, DEI Director, and Director of PD in developing and executing strategy focused on the growth of traditionally underrepresented attorneys
- Collaborate with the PD team on current programs and processes, including the evaluation process, Path to Partnership, compensation, lateral integration, practice development plans, mentoring, etc.
- Manage firm-wide and practice-group specific initiatives around DEI-related sponsorship and mentorship programming
- Manage the development, implementation, and execution of practice group-specific DEI initiatives
- Oversee and manage employee diversity data (in collaboration with the DEI Engagement Manager and Human Resources)
- Collaborate with the Attorney Recruiting and Practice Management Departments to coordinate lateral attorney integration priorities and efforts
- Assist professional development in analyzing, assessing, and responding to equity issues (including equity in access to work, leadership, social capital, information)
- Assist with various projects as necessary, including researching and analyzing internal and external data and trends
- Participate in continuing education on DEI issues and topics
- Must be willing to travel to other offices as needed
Join us if you have:
- 4+ years’ experience providing administrative support required; experience in a law firm, agency or professional services organization a plus
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience required; JD preferred
- Strong organizational and project management skills; ability to coordinate projects between multiple departments and committees
- High level of political and situational awareness, with the ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive information
- Strategic thinking, creativity and strong leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to employ independent judgment in developing strategies and approaches to strengthen firm commitments, be self-motivated and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously, work under pressure and meet deadlines, required
- Experience managing a departmental budget or similar accounting skills
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written, with all levels of a professional services organization
- Exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills to respond to a diverse user group required
- Demonstrated proficiency with the full suite of MS Office products, with particular strength in manipulating data in Excel
- Ability to handle stressful situations in a calm, composed manner
- Ability to analyze problems and propose solutions with a focus on results
- Ability to work independently while also working as a strong team player
- Demonstrated strong attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and work well in an environment with constant changes
- Ability to take initiative in a fast-paced environment and work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Superior organizational skills
Who We Are
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is an AmLaw 100 law firm with eight offices nationwide. We are relentlessly committed to client service and look for candidates who share that commitment. At DWT, client service means having empathy for each client’s and each lawyer’s work and personal pressures, business objectives, and legal needs; anticipating their needs; and having the capabilities and commitment to deliver what matters most to them.
What’s in it For You?
DWT offers competitive compensation in addition to ample benefits including but not limited to:
- Choice of health and vision insurance plans
- 2 paid volunteer days for qualifying community service work
- Dental plan
- Fertility and adoption benefit
- Paid sabbatical after 13 years of service
- Tuition reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
- Retirement contribution
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to feel and reach with hands and arms and frequently required to sit, stand, walk and occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP believes that embracing diversity and inclusion brings out the best of what each individual has to offer and inspires us to build strong and lasting connections with each other, our clients, and our communities. We are committed to promoting a diverse workforce and inclusive environment where every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy to hire, promote, transfer, terminate, and make all employment-related decisions without regard to an employee’s sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), race, color, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, religious creed, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, military condition, military or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal laws.
Job Reference #: otPwefwM