This is an exciting opportunity to work for one of the top law firms in the U.S. Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is looking for an innovative, cybersecurity professional to join our team in Seattle as an analyst responsible for the ongoing protection of Davis Wright Tremaine’s worldwide information assets, including its computers, networks, programs, and data, from unwanted cyber-attacks, cyber intrusions, and other threats.
- Patrol DWT networks, review security audits and logs, and regularly verify the cybersecurity controls in place as part of DWT’s Information Security Management System.
- Participate in assessing the cybersecurity of DWT vendors and contractors as well as respond to client reviews of DWT’s cybersecurity posture.
- Be prepared to respond nimbly and effectively to possible cyber incidents.
- Provide incident investigation, handling and documentation; and ensure remediation steps timelines are understood.
- Remain abreast of the latest cybersecurity news, including assessing the implications for DWT’s systems of newly-identified vulnerabilities.
- Maintain expertise on the evolving tactics, techniques, and procedures of sophisticated malicious cyber actors.
- 2+ years’ experience in a similar technology based role.
- College degree required; advanced education in computer science or engineering a plus.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience with network and computer technologies.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively and professionally with all levels of a professional services organization.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work in a fast-paced environment and in both team and independent settings.
- High degree of sensitivity to confidential matters required.
- Security+, Certified Ethical Hacker, and operating system-specific certifications (especially Microsoft).
- Familiarity with risk management principles.
- Expertise with Metasploit, network protocols and the basics of TCP/IP.
- Rudimentary computer programming and scripting skills.
- Demonstrated abilities in problem-solving and analysis: identifies issues, analyzes information to assess root cause and relationships, risks, and potential risk responses; proven ability to synthesize and summarize complex data into concise recommendations and reports.
- Ability to successfully facilitate collaboration across multiple functions, departments and levels.
- Consistently delivers on commitments, deadlines and objectives while remaining in scope and leveraging appropriate tools, methods, frameworks, and professional standards.
- Ability to build trust and credibility with business partners and leadership while recommending initiatives, and identifying gaps and potential issues.
- Ability to work independently while representing the services of the department with the highest level of professionalism.
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.