Cybersecurity Analyst I
This is an exciting opportunity to work for one of the top law firms in the U.S.! Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is looking for a Cybersecurity Analyst I to join our team in our Seattle, Bellevue, Washington D.C., Chicago, Portland, Los Angeles, or San Francisco offices.
The Cybersecurity Analyst is responsible for the ongoing protection of Davis Wright Tremaine’s worldwide information assets, including its computers, networks, programs, and data, from unwanted cyber-attacks, cyber intrusions, and other threats.
At Davis Wright Tremaine, you will find challenging assignments, opportunities for professional growth and community involvement, and a culture of inclusion. DWT fosters inclusiveness and authenticity. Regardless of position, everyone here has a voice and the support is unparalleled.
On a typical day you will:
- Patrol the firm’s networks, review security audits and logs, and regularly verify the cybersecurity controls in place as part of the firm’s Information Security Management System
- Triage, investigate, respond to, and escalate security anomalies and alerts
- Maintain responsibility for several of DWT’s Security Office’s security tools
- Maintain environmental knowledge and awareness of DWT via being responsible for one or more of the DWT Security Office calendar reports
- Participate in assessing reviewing and actioning regular patching efforts for servers and workstations
- Participate in assessing the vulnerability scans and results for servers and workstations
- Contribute to various projects and initiatives aimed at enhancing the security of DWT’s environment
- Be prepared to respond nimbly and effectively to cyber incidents in accordance with the firm’s Incident Response Plan, including investigation, handling, documentation, and remediation
- Remain abreast of the latest cybersecurity news, including assessing the implications for the firm’s systems of newly-identified vulnerabilities
- Maintain expertise on the evolving tactics, techniques, and procedures of sophisticated malicious cyber actors
Join us if you have:
- 2+ years’ experience in a similar technology based role
- College degree preferred; advanced education in computer science or engineering a plus
- Familiarity or experience with the ISO 27001 and NIST information security standards and their implementation
- Demonstrated hands-on experience with network and computer technologies
- Basic project management skills
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively and professionally with all levels of a professional services organization
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work in a fast-paced environment and in both team and independent settings
· High degree of sensitivity to confidential matters required
- Must pass background investigation
- Educational focus on computer science or engineering
- Cyber incident response handling and basic cyber forensics
- Security+, Certified Ethical Hacker, and operating system-specific certifications (especially Microsoft)
- Familiarity with risk management principles
- Project management skills and experience
- Expertise with network protocols and the basics of TCP/IP
- Demonstrated abilities in problem-solving and analysis: identifies issues, analyzes information to assess root cause and relationships, risks, and potential risk responses; proven ability to synthesize and summarize complex data into concise recommendations and reports
- Ability to successfully facilitate collaboration across multiple functions, departments and levels
- Consistently delivers on commitments, deadlines and objectives while remaining in scope and leveraging appropriate tools, methods, frameworks, and professional standards
- Ability to build trust and credibility with business partners and leadership while recommending initiatives, and identifying gaps and potential issues
- Ability to work independently while representing the services of the department with the highest level of professionalism
Who We Are
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is an AmLaw 100 law firm with 11 offices nationwide. We are relentlessly committed to client service and look for candidates who share that commitment. At DWT, client service means having empathy for each client’s and each lawyer’s work and personal pressures, business objectives, and legal needs; anticipating their needs; and having the capabilities and commitment to deliver what matters most to them.
What’s in it For You?
DWT offers competitive compensation in addition to ample benefits including but not limited to:
· Choice of health and vision insurance plans
· 2 paid volunteer days for qualifying community service work
· Dental plan
· Fertility and adoption benefit
· Paid sabbatical after 13 years of service
· Tuition reimbursement
· Commuter benefits
· Retirement contribution
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.
The annualized salary range for this position in Washington is $106,000 to $118,000. Actual pay will be adjusted based on the candidate’s education, training, experience and other job-related factors permitted by law. Full time employees may be eligible for a bonus, health insurance with an optional HSA, long term disability, dental insurance, vision care, telemedicine and virtual short term solution based counseling services, life insurance, Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts, subsidized backup care and caregiving resources, 401(k), vacation, sick time, 11 paid holidays each year and an employee assistance program. For full-time employees, the initial vacation benefit is 15 days per year and 11 days of sick leave per year, accrued bi-weekly. Additional voluntary programs include: voluntary accident insurance, voluntary life, voluntary disability, voluntary long term care, and pet insurance. Commuter and Transit programs are also available.
The annualized salary range for this position in Los Angeles is $96,000 to $106,000; and in San Francisco is $119,000 to $120,000. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience and other job-related factors permitted by law. Full time employees may be eligible for a bonus, health insurance with an optional HSA, long term disability, dental insurance, vision care, telemedicine and virtual short term solution based counseling services, life insurance, Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts, subsidized backup care and caregiving resources, 401(k), vacation, sick time, and an employee assistance program. Additional voluntary programs include: voluntary accident insurance, voluntary life, voluntary disability, voluntary long term care, and pet insurance. Commuter and Transit programs are also available.
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP embraces diversity, equity and inclusion. It brings out the best of what each individual has to offer and inspires us to build strong and lasting connections with each other, our clients, and our communities.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are part of the fabric of Davis Wright Tremaine-central to who we are and what we do. Our vision is to foster a culture where all talented individuals-including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the legal profession-can have, and can see, a path to success. In order to support this vision, we request that you voluntarily provide the following demographic data. All self-reported demographic information is stored securely in a manner that is compliant with DWT’s privacy and security policies and is only accessible by authorized members of the Talent Acquisition and HR Departments; it is not shared with any of the hiring decision-makers.
Davis Wright Tremaine provides reasonable accommodations for those who need them to complete the application or recruiting process and for employees who need reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their positions due to a disability or for religious reasons. If you need to request accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Reference #: oQWDpfwy