Contract Client Program Coordinator (Remote)
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP has an immediate need to engage a contract Client Program Coordinator through DWTSurge, the firm’s alternative staffing program. This individual will assist the Arbitrations and Demands team in supporting corporate clients. This position is ideally suited for an ambitious college graduate interested in pursuing a career in law.
The Client Program Coordinator will be responsible for providing high level support for client program teams, including overseeing matter management, contributing to process flow organization, and serving as a liaison between the client, the firm’s timekeepers, and interoffice departments. More specific responsibilities include running conflict checks, maintaining knowledge management resources, and inputting and tracking filing deadlines. It requires someone who is highly detail-oriented, exercises sound judgment, and possesses strong administrative, organizational, and interpersonal skills while prioritizing and managing multiple assignments. This position will require the candidate to bill the client for certain activities as directed by their manager.
Candidates must be willing to accommodate a west coast business schedule. Compensation is on an hourly basis. We anticipate that the role will require full-time hours, 37.5 hours per week, but we are interested in candidates who can be flexible about their hours of work, including when overtime is needed. The amount of work may vary week to week and a minimum number of hours of work per week is not guaranteed. Upon the completion of the initial six-month contract, successful candidates will be considered for a possibility of extension. Exclusivity is required.
- Work with lawyers and staff to meet service expectations and address specific problems or opportunities to enable the firm to provide excellent, differentiated service
- Work with legal teams and staff departments to help drive service innovation to deliver service more efficiently, effectively and profitably, including evaluating and developing new business process opportunities using technology, process improvement, legal project management, and alternative staffing
- Be willing and able to learn new technology tools (such as legal project management, data visualization, and document automation) to create efficiencies and add value to the client team
- Support the onboarding and integration of new personnel to meet client needs, including attorneys, paralegals, and staff
- Certain service delivery and project management activities will be billable to the client as directed by your manager.
- Act as a point of contact for the program team and responsible attorneys to intake new requests from clients, run conflict checks, and route work to timekeepers
- Edit and oversee upkeep of client-facing matter management sites
- Track and report on project plans and deliverables in support of client leadership
- Assist with the implementation of project management frameworks for the matters they support, that enable firm leadership to track progress against and adherence to the stated scope of work
- 1+ years’ experience in legal services or other services industry
- A high school diploma or GED certification; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Ability to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously with high attention to detail and minimal supervision
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, service focused environment and to handle stressful situations in a calm, composed manner
- Problem solving skills, with a focus on how we can provide a solution and not the reasons we cannot
- Strong communication skills in English, both verbal and written, including interpersonal skills
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and independently
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, and OneNote
- Familiarity with Microsoft Power BI, Tableau, HighQ, Azure DevOps, and Microsoft SharePoint preferred
- Availability and willingness to work overtime as needed or requested
Please note that this is an alternative track, contract-based position managed by DWT’s flexible contract staffing program, DWTSurge. We are interested in candidates who are seeking growth opportunities in the legal industry and are interested in providing continuous, high-value client service to the Firm’s attorneys and to our clients. Compensation will be paid on an hourly basis, commensurate with experience and skill level (see below). Medical benefits will be provided. If you are interested in a more traditional legal staff position, please check the DWT careers page for staff opportunities.
The hourly range for this position in CA, WA, and New York is $30-35/hour. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience and other job-related factors permitted by law. Medical benefits will be provided.
Additional benefits may include:
- First Stop Health Telemedicine: Speak with a licensed physician or mental health counselor 24/7, covered by the firm
- TELUS Health Employee Assistance Program: Receive support with mental, financial, physical, and emotional wellbeing
- Voluntary Pet Insurance:
- Milk Stork: Virtual lactation consulting, breast milk shipping and nutritional testing covered by the firm
- Wellness Benefits: Peloton, Headspace
Sick leave is accrued on a biweekly basis at a rate of 1 hour per 30 hours worked.
All applications should be submitted via dwt.com or by sending a resume and cover letter directly to DWTSurge Recruiter, Nika Bennett, at firstname.lastname@example.org. The DWTSurge Recruiting team will be in touch as we review your application materials.
For this opportunity, we are not currently accepting third party submissions.
We are an AmLaw 100 law firm with ten offices nationwide. We are relentlessly committed to client service and look for candidates who share that commitment. At DWT, client service means having empathy for each client’s and each lawyer’s work and personal pressures, business objectives, and legal needs; anticipating their needs; and having the capabilities and commitment to deliver what matters most to them.
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP embraces diversity, equity and inclusion. It brings out the best of what each individual has to offer and inspires us to build strong and lasting connections with each other, our clients, and our communities.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are part of the fabric of Davis Wright Tremaine - central to who we are and what we do. Our vision is to foster a culture where all talented individuals - including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the legal profession - can have, and can see, a path to success. In order to support this vision, we request that you voluntarily provide demographic data. All self-reported demographic information is stored securely in a manner that is compliant with DWT’s privacy and security policies and is only accessible by authorized members of the Talent Acquisition and HR Departments; it is not shared with any of the hiring decision-makers.
Davis Wright Tremaine provides reasonable accommodations for those who need them to complete the application or recruiting process and for employees who need reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their positions due to a disability or for religious reasons. If you need to request accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please email email@example.com.