This is an exciting opportunity to work for one of the top law firms in the U.S.! Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is looking for a Conflicts Specialist to join our team. This position offers the flexibility to be fully remote, although must be located within reasonable commuting distance from one of our offices in Seattle, Bellevue, Portland, Los Angeles, or San Francisco.
We value entrepreneurial self-starters who bring innovative solutions to the table. If you are detail-oriented and possess strong administrative, organizational, and interpersonal skills, we want to talk to you. This position is responsible for performing a variety of tasks including searching, flagging, and validation of conflicts reports for accuracy, with regard to new client business and incoming attorneys.
At Davis Wright Tremaine, you will find challenging assignments, opportunities for professional growth and community involvement, and a culture of inclusion. DWT fosters inclusiveness and authenticity. Regardless of position, everyone here has a voice and the support is unparalleled.
On a typical day you will:
- Perform online conflict of interest searches on potential clients and on parties related to existing or prospective clients in a timely manner. Experience with Intapp or Intapp related conflicts products preferred
- Escalate analysis of conflicts search results to conflicts staff attorneys as appropriate
- Enter conflict information on parties related to the firm’s client in the online conflict records
- Run special searches as needed (i.e. prior relations of new attorneys, potential merger, etc.)
- Enter and update records in the firm’s conflict database regarding newly hired attorneys, fiduciary relationships of firm employees, or other information as necessary
- Produce and circulate daily report regarding conflicts searches requested/performed and new matters opened
- Assist with other special projects, tasks, and/or support as assigned
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality. Adhere to schedule by being timely on breaks, lunches and meetings
Join us if you have:
- 1+ years’ experience in general office work including data entry, working with office personnel or other related duties; law firm experience preferred
- High School graduate or GED equivalent required, bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, including accurate grammar and spelling
- Attention to detail, analysis and organizational skills
- Strong database search skills, including development of search logic and strategies
- Ability to accurately type 35-40 wpm
- Strong interpersonal skills, team player able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong customer service skills, including understanding and responding quickly to a variety of inquiries
- Ability to work under pressure and meet project deadlines
- Experience with Microsoft Office is required; experience with Intapp products is preferred
- Willingness to adapt to and learn new technology, software programs, and upgrades
- Excellent grammar, proofreading and organizational skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and handle stressful situations in a professional manner and multi-task as well as follow-up timely
- Willingness to work in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to understand and follow work instructions with minimal supervision
- Maintain excellent attendance and timely arrival
- Demonstrate flexibility
- Availability for overtime when required
Who We Are
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is an AmLaw 100 law firm with 10 offices nationwide. We are relentlessly committed to client service and look for candidates who share that commitment. At DWT, client service means having empathy for each client’s and each lawyer’s work and personal pressures, business objectives, and legal needs; anticipating their needs; and having the capabilities and commitment to deliver what matters most to them.
What’s in it For You?
DWT offers competitive compensation in addition to ample benefits including but not limited to:
- Choice of health and vision insurance plans
- 2 paid volunteer days for qualifying community service work
- Dental plan
- Fertility and adoption benefit
- Paid sabbatical after 13 years of service
- Tuition reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
- Retirement contribution
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.
We are an AmLaw 100 law firm with ten offices nationwide. We are relentlessly committed to client service and look for candidates who share that commitment. At DWT, client service means having empathy for each client’s and each lawyer’s work and personal pressures, business objectives, and legal needs; anticipating their needs; and having the capabilities and commitment to deliver what matters most to them.
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP embraces diversity, equity and inclusion. It brings out the best of what each individual has to offer and inspires us to build strong and lasting connections with each other, our clients, and our communities.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are part of the fabric of Davis Wright Tremaine-central to who we are and what we do. Our vision is to foster a culture where all talented individuals-including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the legal profession-can have, and can see, a path to success. In order to support this vision, we request that you voluntarily provide the following demographic data for your candidate. All self-reported demographic information is stored securely in a manner that is compliant with DWT’s privacy and security policies and is only accessible by authorized members of the Talent Acquisition and HR Departments; it is not shared with any of the hiring decision-makers.
Davis Wright Tremaine provides reasonable accommodations for those who need them to complete the application or recruiting process and for employees who need reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their positions due to a disability or for religious reasons. If you need to request accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please email CarrieMcIntyre@dwt.com.
Job Reference #: oDlFlfwI