Conflicts Specialists assist with the research and screening of potential client engagements for legal and ethical conflicts with existing client work already undertaken by the firm.
We value entrepreneurial self-starters who bring innovative solutions to the table. If you have strong database skills and are looking to join a successful national law firm, we want to talk to you.
At Davis Wright Tremaine, you will find challenging assignments, opportunities for professional growth and community involvement, and a culture of inclusion. DWT fosters inclusiveness and authenticity. Regardless of position, everyone here has a voice and the support is unparalleled.
On a typical day you will:
- Perform online conflict of interest searches on potential clients and on parties related to existing or prospective clients in a timely manner
- Escalate analysis of conflicts search results to conflicts staff attorneys as appropriate
- Enter conflict information on parties related to the firm’s client in the online conflict records
- Run special searches as needed (i.e. prior relations of new attorneys, potential merger, etc.)
- Enter and update records in the firm’s conflict database regarding newly hired attorneys, fiduciary relationships of firm employees, or other information as necessary
- Produce and circulate daily report regarding conflicts searches requested/performed and new matters opened
- Assist with other special projects, tasks, and/or support as assigned
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality. Adhere to schedule by being timely on breaks, lunches and meetings
Join us if you have:
- 1+ years’ experience in general office work including data entry, working with office personnel or other related duties; law firm experience preferred
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, including accurate grammar and spelling
- Attention to detail, analysis and organizational skills
- Strong database search skills, including development of search logic and strategies
- Strong interpersonal skills, team player able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong customer service skills, including understanding and responding quickly to a variety of inquiries
- Ability to work under pressure and meet project deadlines
- Experience with Microsoft Office is required; experience with Elite Records Management System is preferred
- Willingness to adapt to and learn new technology, software programs, and upgrades
- Excellent grammar, proofreading and organizational skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and handle stressful situations in a professional manner and multi-task as well as follow-up timely
- Willingness to work in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to understand and follow work instructions with minimal supervision
- Maintain excellent attendance and timely arrival
- Demonstrate flexibility
- Availability for overtime when required
Who We Are
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is an AmLaw 100 law firm with eight offices nationwide. We are relentlessly committed to client service and look for candidates who share that commitment. At DWT, client service means having empathy for each client’s and each lawyer’s work and personal pressures, business objectives, and legal needs; anticipating their needs; and having the capabilities and commitment to deliver what matters most to them.
What’s in it For You?
DWT offers competitive compensation in addition to ample benefits including but not limited to:
- Choice of health and vision insurance plans
- 2 paid volunteer days for qualifying community service work
- Dental plan
- Fertility and adoption benefit
- Paid sabbatical after 13 years of service
- Tuition reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
- Retirement contribution
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to feel and reach with hands and arms and frequently required to sit, stand, walk and occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP believes that embracing diversity and inclusion brings out the best of what each individual has to offer and inspires us to build strong and lasting connections with each other, our clients, and our communities. We are committed to promoting a diverse workforce and inclusive environment where every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy to hire, promote, transfer, terminate, and make all employment-related decisions without regard to an employee’s sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), race, color, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, religious creed, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, military condition, military or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal laws.
Job Reference #: oFnVefwV