Client Program Coordinator (Junior Paralegal)
Legal Support + Project Management + Data Analytics
This Client Program Coordinator is responsible for providing high level support for client program teams, including overseeing matter management, contributing to process flow organization, and serving as a liaison between the client, the firm’s timekeepers, and interoffice departments. More specific responsibilities include running conflict checks, maintaining knowledge management resources, and coming up with creative solutions to business opportunities. It requires someone who is highly detail orientated, exercises sound judgment, and possesses strong administrative, organizational, and interpersonal skills while prioritizing and managing multiple assignments.
We value entrepreneurial self-starters who bring innovative solutions to the table. If you are looking for a non-traditional legal support role that blends project management and data analytics, we want to talk to you.
At Davis Wright Tremaine, you will find challenging assignments, opportunities for professional growth and community involvement, and a culture of inclusion. DWT fosters inclusiveness and authenticity. Regardless of position, everyone here has a voice and the support is unparalleled.
On a typical day you will be responsible for:
Service Delivery: The Client Experience Team works to augment the traditional legal services provided to clients through proactive communication, actionable reporting, and strategic client satisfaction initiatives. The Client Program Coordinator is expected to:
- Work with lawyers and staff to meet service expectations and address specific problems or opportunities to enable the firm to provide excellent, differentiated service
- Work with legal teams and staff departments to help drive service innovation to deliver service more efficiently, effectively and profitably, including evaluating and developing new business process opportunities using technology, process improvement, legal project management, and alternative staffing
- Be willing and able to learn new technology tools (such as legal project management, data visualization, and document automation) to create efficiencies and add value to the client team
- Support the onboarding and integration of new personnel to meet client needs, including attorneys, paralegals, and staff
Project Management: The Client Experience Team is responsible for managing numerous requests that affect the firm’s legal teams, the client’s legal operations team, and corresponding success metrics, requiring deft management of time and resources. The Client Program Coordinator is expected to manage their own tasks and to:
- Act as a point of contact for the program team and responsible attorneys to intake new requests from clients, run conflict checks, and route work to timekeepers
- Edit and oversee upkeep of client-facing matter management sites
- Track and report on project plans and deliverables in support of client leadership
- Assist with the implementation of project management frameworks for the matters they support, that enable firm leadership to track progress against and adherence to the stated scope of work
Join us if you have:
- The ability to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously with high attention to detail and minimal supervision
- An ability to work in a team-oriented, service focused environment and to handle stressful situations in a calm, composed manner
- Problem solving skills, with a focus on how we can provide a solution and not the reasons we cannot
- Strong communication skills in English, both verbal and written, including interpersonal skills
- An ability to learn new technologies quickly and independently
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, and OneNote
- Familiarity with Microsoft Power BI, Tableau, HighQ, Azure DevOps, and Microsoft SharePoint preferred
- Availability and willingness to work overtime as needed or requested
1+ years’ experience in legal services or other services industry is preferred, but we are open to candidates from non-traditional backgrounds who have transferrable skills to succeed.
Who We Are
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is an AmLaw 100 law firm with eight offices nationwide. We are relentlessly committed to client service and look for candidates who share that commitment. At DWT, client service means having empathy for each client’s and each lawyer’s work and personal pressures, business objectives, and legal needs; anticipating their needs; and having the capabilities and commitment to deliver what matters most to them.
What’s in it For You?
DWT offers competitive compensation in addition to ample benefits including but not limited to:
- Choice of health and vision insurance plans
- 2 paid volunteer days for qualifying community service work
- Dental plan
- Fertility and adoption benefit
- Paid sabbatical after 13 years of service
- Tuition reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
- Retirement contribution
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to feel and reach with hands and arms and frequently required to sit, stand, walk and occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP believes that embracing diversity and inclusion brings out the best of what each individual has to offer and inspires us to build strong and lasting connections with each other, our clients, and our communities. We are committed to promoting a diverse workforce and inclusive environment where every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy to hire, promote, transfer, terminate, and make all employment-related decisions without regard to an employee’s sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), race, color, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, religious creed, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, military condition, military or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal laws.