Client Experience Legal Project Coordinator
This is an exciting opportunity to work for one of the top law firms in the U.S.! Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is looking for a Client Experience Legal Project Coordinator to join our team in either Seattle or Portland office.
This position is responsible for providing high quality support for client project teams, including matter administration, contributing to process flow organization, and serving as first point of contact for client contact and attorney support requests. Other tasks include running conflict checks, maintaining knowledge management resources, and coming up with creative solutions to business opportunities. It requires someone who is highly detail orientated, exercises sound judgment, and possesses strong administrative, organizational, and interpersonal skills while prioritizing and managing multiple assignments.
At Davis Wright Tremaine, you will find challenging assignments, opportunities for professional growth and community involvement, and a culture of inclusion. DWT fosters inclusiveness and authenticity. Regardless of position, everyone here has a voice and the support is unparalleled.
On a typical day you will:
Service Delivery: The Client Experience Team augments the traditional legal services provided to clients through proactive communication, actionable reporting, and strategic client satisfaction initiatives. The Client Experience Legal Project Coordinator is expected to:
- Work with lawyers and staff on high-volume matters to meet service expectations and address specific problems or opportunities to enable the firm to provide excellent, differentiated service
- Work with lawyers and staff to deliver service more efficiently, effectively, and profitably, including evaluating and developing new business process opportunities using technology, process improvement, legal project management, and alternative staffing
- Be willing and able to learn new technology tools (e.g., legal project management, data visualization, and document automation) to create efficiencies and add value to the client team
- Support the Legal Project Manager in onboarding and integration of new personnel to meet client needs
Project Management: The Client Experience Team is responsible for managing numerous requests that affect the firm’s legal teams, the client’s legal operations team, and corresponding success metrics, requiring deft management of time and resources. The Client Experience Legal Project Coordinator is expected to manage their own tasks and to:
- Act as a point of contact for the matter team and responsible attorneys to intake new requests from clients, run conflict checks, and route work to timekeepers
- Assist with the implementation of project management frameworks which enable firm leadership to track progress against and adherence to the stated scope of work
- Integrate with client teams and become comfortable with legal concepts and terminology
- Support the tracking of key performance indicators (KPIs) for each matter to measure performance (e.g., budget requirements, staffing requirements, billing, time keeping, conflicts, waivers, and compliance with other outside counsel guidelines)
- Implement, and manage time entry code sets to facilitate gathering more detailed information about the workstream’s substantive legal work
- Edit and oversee upkeep of client-facing matter management sites while entering and maintaining accurate project data
Client Communication: Understanding how and when to communicate with our clients helps build trust and strengthens the relationship.. The Client Experience Legal Project Coordinator is expected to:
- Provide consistent, positive interactions both within the firm and with the client, emphasizing an empathetic, solutions driven approach to client service
- Be responsive as a direct point of contact for the firm’s relationship attorney and their clients, fielding questions and escalating issues as necessary
- Help prepare for and attend business review meetings with the firm’s relationship attorneys and clients
Join us if you have:
- High school diploma or GED certification and 3+ years’ experience in legal services or other professional services industry OR bachelor’s degree and 1+ years’ experience in legal services or other professional services industry required; Paralegal certificate preferred
- Ability to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously with high attention to detail and minimal supervision
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, service focused environment and to successfully navigate stressful situations in a calm, composed manner
- Problem solving skills and ability to present clear solution options to team leads, with a focus on how we can provide a solution and not the reasons we cannot
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills in English and the ability to effectively communicate, both verbal and written, with all levels of a professional services organization
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and independently
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Experience with Microsoft Power BI, Tableau, HighQ, Azure DevOps, and Microsoft SharePoint preferred
- Availability and willingness to work overtime as needed or requested
- Located in Seattle, WA or Portland, OR
Who We Are
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is an AmLaw 100 law firm with 11 offices nationwide. We are relentlessly committed to client service and look for candidates who share that commitment. At DWT, client service means having empathy for each client’s and each lawyer’s work and personal pressures, business objectives, and legal needs; anticipating their needs; and having the capabilities and commitment to deliver what matters most to them.
What’s in it For You?
DWT offers competitive compensation in addition to ample benefits including but not limited to:
- Choice of health and vision insurance plans
- 2 paid volunteer days for qualifying community service work
- Dental plan
- Fertility and adoption benefit
- Paid sabbatical after 13 years of service
- Tuition reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
- Retirement contribution
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.
The annualized salary range for this position in Washington is $59,000 - $65,000 ($30.26 - $33.33/hourly). Actual pay will be adjusted based on the candidate’s education, training, experience and other job-related factors permitted by law. Full time employees may be eligible for a bonus, health insurance with an optional HSA, short term disability, long term disability, dental insurance, vision care, life insurance, Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts, 401(k), vacation, sick time, 11 paid holidays each year and an employee assistance program. For full-time employees, the initial vacation benefit is 15 days per year and 11 days of sick leave per year, accrued bi-weekly. Additional voluntary programs include: voluntary accident insurance, voluntary life, voluntary disability, voluntary long term care, voluntary critical illness and cancer insurance and pet insurance. Commuter and Transit programs are also available.
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP embraces diversity, equity and inclusion. It brings out the best of what each individual has to offer and inspires us to build strong and lasting connections with each other, our clients, and our communities.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are part of the fabric of Davis Wright Tremaine-central to who we are and what we do. Our vision is to foster a culture where all talented individuals-including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the legal profession-can have, and can see, a path to success. In order to support this vision, we request that you voluntarily provide the following demographic data for your candidate. All self-reported demographic information is stored securely in a manner that is compliant with DWT’s privacy and security policies and is only accessible by authorized members of the Talent Acquisition and HR Departments; it is not shared with any of the hiring decision-makers.
Davis Wright Tremaine provides reasonable accommodations for those who need them to complete the application or recruiting process and for employees who need reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their positions due to a disability or for religious reasons. If you need to request accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please email CarrieMcIntyre@dwt.com.
Pay: $59,000 to $65,000/year
It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.</p><p> </p><p>The annualized salary range for this position in Washington is $59,000 - $65,000 <span>($30.26 - $33.33/hourly)</span>
Job Reference #: oqs7lfw4