This is an exciting opportunity to work for one of the top law firms in the U.S.! Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is looking for a Billing Specialist to join our team. This position can be fully remote while working within reasonable commuting distance to either our Seattle or Portland offices.
This position is responsible for maintaining work-in-progress records, processing client invoices, editing billing instructions, and other tasks as assigned. This role will require clear and concise communication with attorneys and staff.
At Davis Wright Tremaine, you will find challenging assignments, opportunities for professional growth and community involvement, and a culture of inclusion. DWT fosters inclusiveness and authenticity. Regardless of position, everyone here has a voice and the support is unparalleled.
On a typical day you will:
- Use Aderant Expert Billing to process prebills and generate accurate invoices in compliance with attorney instructions and client guidelines
- Execute complicated billing tasks, including split-party billing, insurance billing and tracking, fixed fee billing, and volume discount tracking
- Communicate clearly and effectively with attorneys, legal assistants, practice management, and other departments to ensure accurate billing
- Track and implement client-specific requirements, such as client invoicing deadlines, task/activity code requirements, block billing, and fiscal year deadlines
- Monitor write-down requests and approvals to guarantee compliance with firm billing policies
- Maintain accurate and specific internal billing notes referencing special billing arrangements and client needs
- Prepare ad hoc reports and spreadsheets containing work-in-progress and historical billing data in response to billing inquiries
- Guarantee the correct set-up of client/matter information and invoice templates
- Work in collaboration with our Rates, E-Billing, and other Finance teams to ensure invoices are processed correctly and in a timely manner
- Attend and participate in job-specific and external department trainings
- Assist with Finance projects as needed to promote best practices
- Adhere to the Billing Service Level Expectations guidelines for prompt turnaround and response times
- Work overtime as needed
- Ability to manage workload remotely and maintain regular/consistent attendance and punctuality; adhere to schedule by being timely on breaks, lunches and meetings
We're open to candidates from non-traditional backgrounds, but it's helpful if you have:
- 1+ years of relevant experience in a professional office environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to build effective relationships with all levels of staff and attorneys
- Excellent customer service
- The ability to problem-solve and troubleshoot independently
- The ability to manage multiple deadlines and stressful situations in a calm, composed manner
- A high degree of accuracy, attention to detail, and quality control
- The ability to independently manage multiple tasks and adapt to heavy workloads and new assignments in a fast-paced environment
Who We Are
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is an AmLaw 100 law firm with 11 offices nationwide. We are relentlessly committed to client service and look for candidates who share that commitment. At DWT, client service means having empathy for each client’s and each lawyer’s work and personal pressures, business objectives, and legal needs; anticipating their needs; and having the capabilities and commitment to deliver what matters most to them.
What’s in it For You?
DWT offers competitive compensation in addition to ample benefits including but not limited to:
- Choice of health and vision insurance plans
- 2 paid volunteer days for qualifying community service work
- Dental plan
- Fertility and adoption benefit
- Paid sabbatical after 13 years of service
- Tuition reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
- Retirement contribution
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.
The annualized salary range for this position in Washington is $64,000 to $69,000 ($32.82 to $35.38 hourly.) Actual pay will be adjusted based on the candidate’s education, training, experience and other job-related factors permitted by law. Full time employees may be eligible for a bonus, health insurance with an optional HSA, long term disability, dental insurance, vision care, telemedicine and virtual short term solution based counseling services, life insurance, Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts, subsidized backup care and caregiving resources, 401(k), vacation, sick time, 11 paid holidays each year and an employee assistance program. For full-time employees, the initial vacation benefit is 15 days per year and 11 days of sick leave per year, accrued bi-weekly. Additional voluntary programs include: voluntary accident insurance, voluntary life, voluntary disability, voluntary long term care, and pet insurance. Commuter and Transit programs are also available.
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP embraces diversity, equity and inclusion. It brings out the best of what each individual has to offer and inspires us to build strong and lasting connections with each other, our clients, and our communities.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are part of the fabric of Davis Wright Tremaine-central to who we are and what we do. Our vision is to foster a culture where all talented individuals-including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the legal profession-can have, and can see, a path to success. In order to support this vision, we request that you voluntarily provide the following demographic data. All self-reported demographic information is stored securely in a manner that is compliant with DWT’s privacy and security policies and is only accessible by authorized members of the Talent Acquisition and HR Departments; it is not shared with any of the hiring decision-makers.
Davis Wright Tremaine provides reasonable accommodations for those who need them to complete the application or recruiting process and for employees who need reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their positions due to a disability or for religious reasons. If you need to request accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please email CarrieMcIntyre@dwt.com.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: oVWmnfwk